Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread!

Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread! (Page 2)
dmcnickle
Senior User
Sep 18, 2003, 10:08 AM

I got an email from Apple saying that mine shipped today (9/18) via Airbourne.
Airbourne doesn't have any info yet but that could be since it shipped from overseas. They might not until it reaches Alaska.
I should get it Monday since I paid for express shipping. I was hoping to get it by the weekend since I sold my 17" already.

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2003, 11:39 AM

Grrr!

Well, early yesterday the Airborne tracking number for my PB listed a California point of origin, but no other information. By the end of the day, though, that data had been replaced by a note instructing me to call Airborne for the status of the shipment.

So I called them this morning, and gave them the tracking number. After doing some gushing about how wonderful the new iPods are *g*, the friendly Airborne rep told me that my shipment was likely still in Taiwan! She said that Apple aggregates a number of its Airborne shipments in Taiwan before shipping them overseas in a single lot, and that my box was probably waiting for that to happen. She predicted that I'd likely see my new laptop on Monday or Tuesday.

Sigh ... and there go my plans to spend the weekend sitting alone in a darkened room, hunched over a wonderfully glowing Powerbook keyboard.

nuraoar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2003, 12:42 PM

Hi guys, just joined today. I am a long time apple admirer and first time Apple purchaser. I waited a long time probably 10 months to get the new Al 15.

I ordered a PBG4 15"/1.25GHZ/512/80/SD/APX/BT on 9/16

Apple sent me a shipping notice last night that my order shipped 9/18. I was excited.

After reading the previous post about shipping from taiwan I called Airborne and was told the same thing.

Basically that the shipping address shows LA calif. but the order is shipping from taiwan.

I paid for the express 2nd day shipping but Airborne told me that apple is shipping it ground.

I am about to call Apple to demand an explaination. Anyone else got through the same?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2003, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by nuraoar:
Hi guys, just joined today. I am a long time apple admirer and first time Apple purchaser. I waited a long time probably 10 months to get the new Al 15.

I ordered a PBG4 15"/1.25GHZ/512/80/SD/APX/BT on 9/16

Apple sent me a shipping notice last night that my order shipped 9/18. I was excited.

After reading the previous post about shipping from taiwan I called Airborne and was told the same thing.

Basically that the shipping address shows LA calif. but the order is shipping from taiwan.

I paid for the express 2nd day shipping but Airborne told me that apple is shipping it ground.

I am about to call Apple to demand an explaination. Anyone else got through the same?
Aw geez, I hope mine isn't the same story. Well, congrats on your first Mac. Let us know what you think about it once you finally get it.

nuraoar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2003, 01:19 PM

Called Apple the rep said there seems to be a disconnect between Apple and Airborne.

So they gave me a refund of the $12 and said I will probably only receive it next week maybe wednesday or thursday, bummer.

It has to clear customs and then probably be trucked from chicago -> CA.

I am disappointed, I was going crazy checking the order status page multiple times an hour/day and so hoping to have it in may hands friday or saturday. What a let down.

Oh well. I am not going to let this spoil my first impression of me being an Apple customer. Let's hope the PB comes to me in good condition and never needs repairs.

ZackVLion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2003, 01:24 PM

I got shipment notification last night, it said it shipped 9/18...today on airborne's site it said to call them, just like it said for the rest of you...however, when i called they said "it is due for delivery tomorrow (9/19)". so, perhaps mine shipped from california....or, maybe it shipped from taiwan also but since i'm in los angeles, it will only take 1 extra day to get it....who knows. anyways, at any rate you can be sure i'll post here when i get it

xtoph
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2003, 01:25 PM

Update on my order: forgot to mention I also have a 40 gig iPod in the order. Anyway, both items supposedly 'shipped' Airborne 2-day some time last night.

When I first started checking the tracking numbers Apple listed on their site, it showed that the iPod had been picked up in Shanghai, and the PowerBook number wasn't in the system yet.

Now when I check, the iPod number says "call us" and the PowerBook number says it's on its way from Illinois.

BUT -- Apple also sent me an invoice email for the PowerBook, which included a (completely different) "waybill' number. I started tracking THAT on airborne, and see that this number is showing the progress of the laptop from Taiwan to Apple in Illinois.

So it looks like: the waybill number will show me the progress from Taiwan to Apple, at whcih point the tracking number will becom e'real' and show me the progress from Illinois to Colorado.

Meanwhile I have no idea what's currently up with the iPod.

Oh well. It'll all get here eventually. Before the items 'shipped' I was trying to decide whether to find them locally and cancel the order; now that they're definitely not getting here before the weekend, I'm going to try to relax about it... until Monday :-)

Maybe I'll go to the Apple store and touch theirs.

Anyway, be sure to check your emails, you may also get a 'waybill' number that will give you more info.

Edit: now the iPod tracking number has resumed showing the same info as previously: in transit from Shanghai. Sweet.

Originally posted by xtoph:
1.25 GHz 15" nothing custom, paid extra for express shipping, ordered via Apple Edu store the minute it came back online after the keynote. While order was in 'received' state, est ship date was on or before 9/16. Now that order is in 'open' state, est ship date is on or before 9/19 :-(

In Colorado, by the way.
( Last edited by xtoph; Sep 18, 2003 at 01:36 PM. )

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2003, 01:31 PM

Well, OK ... now the Airborne website claims that my PB is in transit via 2nd day air, and was picked up by Airborne in Taipei the morning of the 17th. Given the time zone differences, it seems like there's at least a slim chance that the thing might still show up at my front door tomorrow.

Sigh ... this is all making me neurotic. I think I need a new hobby.

nuraoar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2003, 01:37 PM

montanan:

Did the shipping type list ground the first time you checked the tracking info, or was it always 2nd day?

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2003, 01:41 PM

montanan:

Did the shipping type list ground the first time you checked the tracking info, or was it always 2nd day?
It was always 2nd Day ... sorry about that!

Best wishes for a timely PowerBook delivery -- believe me, right now I definitely feel your pain.

PowerMatt
Senior User
Sep 18, 2003, 04:31 PM

Ordered last night (early this morning)

Still says "Order Received"

I am on the phone now (holding of course) to make sure the loan is working out just to make sure I have my new AlBook in fime for a school presentation next monday.

I ordered: 1.25GHz/60GB/512MB/ Combo Drive, Wireless Mouse, Wireless Keyboard, HP 5150, Keynote, Battery, AC Adapeter.

Also, PS Elements 2.0 and my sleve should be ariving shortly.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2003, 05:38 PM

I ordered a 1.25 15 inch Tuesday morning from a local reseller. Should be there for me when I get back from vacation next Tuesday.

Can't wait after seeing it now at two Apple stores here in New York.

pbook28
Sep 18, 2003, 06:06 PM

I ordered mine on the 16th.
M8981LL/A PBG4 15"/1.25GHZ/512/80/SD/APX/BT-USA. I checked the web site for airborne, and no information is available. I'm going call them to see what's up. I do live in california, so if it's shipping from there it may come sooner. I was hoping to have it tomorrow so I can work on a project for school. Ah well, I'm just anxious. Two years ago, I ordered an ibook via macconnection and paid for the extra shipping charge to get it in two days. As luck would have it, the ibook came while I was out for a few minutes and I had a tag giving me a number to call and check. I wasn't going to be home the next few days so I needed to pick it up then. To make a long story short, airborne express gave me the wrong tracking number and the ibook was still in one of there nearby wherehouses! As soon as they figured this out, after about four hours of pacing, I drove over to the wherehouse and picked it up two minutes before they closed! Talk about crazy. I hope that doesn't happen again!

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2003, 06:40 PM

Has anyone's BTO 15" PB shipped yet? Being built? Mine is still just 'open'. I got the faster HD and 1 stick of 512 on the BTO tip.

-b

beefstu01
Sep 18, 2003, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by aapljack:
Has anyone's BTO 15" PB shipped yet? Being built? Mine is still just 'open'. I got the faster HD and 1 stick of 512 on the BTO tip.

-b
I only did the 1 stick of RAM and mine's got the "Shipping on or before 9/23." My iPod hasn't shipped yet! Maybe this hurricane will slow some things down (I live in Central/Upstate New York, so we'll get the after effects of this b!7ch).

nuraoar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2003, 11:31 PM

I tried to track my PB15 on Airborne's site and now I get an error saying can't find tracking number.

So I call Airborne and they say that my order just left taiwan but since the reuse tracking numbers there are two people with the same number and that's why the website doesn't work.

They claim however that if I call them they can track it for me. Great now I have
no Idea what is happening to my poor PB15.

Apparently they can only update me on the 22nd about which port it would ship to my address.

Can this ordeal get any worse? I hope I don't get the wrong shipment because of the stupid tracking number reuse

El Berserko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2003, 12:08 AM

I tried to track my PB15 on Airborne's site and now I get an error saying can't find tracking number.
I get the same thing now. I haven't called to find out what the deal is though. I don't understand why they reuse numbers so soon since I wasn't even able to see any activity at all on the site in the one day I had the number. Maybe it will be back in the morning.

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2003, 12:28 AM

Have any 5400RPM Educational Online Orders shipped?

Bill "Open ... On-Or-Before-9/23"

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2003, 12:35 AM

My est. ship date is on or before 9/23 too..

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2003, 12:47 AM

My est. ship date is on or before 9/23 too..
It appears that "9/23" is the placeholder date. The good news is that it is probably very conservative --- they are expecting a mass shipment sometime this weekend. I think they clear them through customs in gigantic batches.

Did anyone order an extra battery? Mine says 10/15. I noticed my web proposal was gone, so I "practiced" and made a new one. That battery was listed as 5 days. Stoh?

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2003, 08:19 AM

One more update:

My PB has made it to the US ... it entered the regular Airborne distribution stream last night in Illinois. So I'm guessing now that I'll get it on Monday.

This weekend is going to suck. Can you say anticipation?

David Hagan
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2003, 08:24 AM

And I just called Airborne. They told me the expected shipping time would be Mon 9.22.03

I got an email from Apple yesterday morning saying it had shipped. Boo hoo. I'll try to be patient, having waited since Jan for these new 15-inch models!

CobaltGT
Sep 19, 2003, 08:48 AM

AIRPORT BASE STATION - NO MODEM-USA M8930LL/A On or before
09/19/2003 $179.00 1 $179.00

Open

PBG4 15.2/1.25GHZ/512/80/CMBO/AP/BL/LL Z07E02CR7 On or before
09/26/2003 $2,119.00 1 $2,119.00
1.25GHz PowerPC G4 065-4116
512MB DDR333 SDRAM-2X256MB 065-4139
80GB Ultra ATA Drive@4200rpm 065-4118
Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) 065-4402
Country Kit/Airport Extreme 065-4496
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS 065-4495

Open

IPOD 20GB-USA M9244LL/A On or before
09/24/2003 $369.00 1 $369.00

Open

HP-DESKJET 5150 INKJET PRINTER-USA T7432LL/A On or before
09/24/2003 $99.00 1 $99.00
Open

APPLE KEYBOARD-USA M9034LL/A On or before
09/19/2003 $44.00 1 $44.00

Open

Divx
Sep 19, 2003, 08:50 AM

I too forgot to place my order correctly. I was up until midnight the night before. Then woke up around 2am to watch the expo be re-broadcasted. Well, at 3:45am or so, I started trying to order the 15" and because of so much traffic on the site, all I got were errors until about 4:30am when it finally got processed. I forgot the right type of shipping, and I would have got the iPod rebate deal if I wasn't so pissed and tired at their website by that point.

Originally posted by mainemanx:
15" AL 5400 80GB

Ordered at 9:15a 09.16.2003, after forgetting to "personalize" the iPod at 6:00a

Still "open, shipping on or before 9/23."
15" Al 1 Ghz.2gb.80gb

woodsman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2003, 09:32 AM

I ordered a stock 1.25 GHz 15" Al PB with the 2X256MB RAM and a super drive on 9-16 at 11 AM by phone to the Apple store. I paid for 2-3 day delivery. The sales person told me "same day shipping." I got an email from Apple showing 9-16 as the shipping day. That same night I got another email saying unforeseen delays forced a rescheduled delivery (estimate 9-19).
Now the PB has shipped from Taiwan on 9-18.

NOTE that the tracking number given to me by Apple on the email:
SHIPMENT NOTIFICATION
has a tracking number for AIRBORNE that does NOT WORK. on 9-18 I got an email titled:
Your Apple invoice
That has a different AIRBORNE number:
Routing Waybill Number
BD 09/16/03 09/17/03 AIRBORNE XXXX167XX

THAT tracking number shows that my PB was shipped from Taiwan on 9-18.
9/18/03
3:15 pm
Left Airborne Station.__
Taoyuan,_Taiwan
Monday or Tuesday is my best guess.
javascript:smilie('')

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2003, 09:53 AM

My order still shows as "open" on both the PB 17" and the extra battery, with the expected ship date of 9/19. The order status link will be frantically clicked today until I see news - I only hope that it will be good news and not a new ship date.

At least I have already received the extra 512 MB RAM and airline adapter which I ordered from somewhere else, and I should be getting my backpack today.

El Berserko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2003, 10:04 AM

I called Airborne and my order is now waiting to clear customs and I should see an update on the tracking page on Monday. So that probably means no PowerBook until Tuesday =/.

bfurtado
Sep 19, 2003, 10:35 AM

My 12PB is estimated to ship on or before 09/25/2003. I hope they can meet that estimate. I ordered on Sept 7 and this is my first mac. I also ordered the 10GB iPod (also a first). I got it for $79CAN b/c I bought the Education bundle and received a $300 rebate (I have to mail it in though). Anywhoo, my shipping estimate for the iPod was Oct 1, but it shipped this morning. But I'll have no mac to attach it to. Oh well

Brian

MacTheKnife
Sep 19, 2003, 10:38 AM

I read about the one-stick option too late, but placed my order just past midnight on 9/18/03. My Belkin Tunecast shipped the same day.

Today, Airborne picked up my 20GB iPod in Shanghai, so I guess I'll have it on Monday.

PowerBook 15.2/1.25GHZ/512/80/SD/AP/BL/LL with the 5400 HD is due to ship on or before 9/25.

beefstu01
Sep 19, 2003, 11:22 AM

My iPod just shipped... Airborne doesn't have the number in it's system, but then again, the number is only half an hour old. It should be here Monday... Yay!!! My laptop still has 9/23 as it's ship date, but hey, everything is coming!

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2003, 11:26 AM

My 20G ipod shipped today. The Airbourne number they gave me doesn't track yet. So these are coming from overseas?

My BTO PB is still open.

-b

beefstu01
Sep 19, 2003, 11:37 AM

Just remembered... For all of you who don't have tracking numbers, don't worry. If you look at your e-mail notices that give you your tracking number, they say that if the item was shipped Thursday-Sunday, the number will show up Monday evening. That's why nobody can find their stuff!

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2003, 11:38 AM

My 20G ipod shipped today. The Airbourne number they gave me doesn't track yet. So these are coming from overseas?

My BTO PB is still open.

-b
I believe they are coming from overseas. If you check ipodlounge, people are posting tracking info for their iPods with them originating from China. My estimated ship date for my 20gb is today, so hopefully it ships as well. Also, my Airport Extreme card in my order was shipped from Taiwan already, so seems most stuff is being shipped straight from their Asia factories.

dmcnickle
Senior User
Sep 19, 2003, 11:42 AM

I checked my email with my invoice and it also gave a different tracking number than the email I received about my Powerbook shipping.

Earlier when I called Airborne, they told me they didn't know where it was and could not track anything until it cleared customs. It also listed ground as the method of shipment when I paid for expedited shipping.

Someone at Apple told me that Airborne was not as good in providing tracking information as FedEx was. (I remember getting a Powerbook from Apple a few years ago via FedEx and you did get it 2 days after it left Tiawan.) The Rep at Apple said I may get it Monday since Airborne would have the weekend to move it in the States since it will clear customs today.

I am hoping .......
( Last edited by dmcnickle; Sep 19, 2003 at 04:09 PM. )

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2003, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by dmcnickle:
I remember getting a Powerbook from Apple a few years ago via FedEx and you did get it 2 days after it left Tiawan
Hmm, so the 2 day expedited shipping isn't in fact 2 days from where it ships from? Here's my tracking info for my AE card. I hope I didn't pay 15 bucks for 2 day shipping if it's gonna be 4-5 days...also it lists the method of shipping as Ground even though its supposed to be 2 day.

Current Status: In Transit.

Shipment History:

DATE TIME ACTIVITY AND COMMENTS LOCATION
9/17/03 1:25 pm In Transit. Taoyuan, Taiwan
9/19/03 11:37 pm Picked Up by Airborne. Shipper's Door

Shipper:
APPLE COMPUTER CONS DISTR
Franklin Park, IL 60131
United States

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Sep 19, 2003, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by :dragonflypro::
Order
AlBook 15.2"
1.25Ghz
Base 512mb (2x256. * 512mb upgrades from www.newegg.com $97.00)
Combo Drive (downgrade - no DV Cam... no DVD-R needed)
60GB (downgrade - have LOTS of Network space)

Order Place
09/16 09:32 PST

Ship Date
On or before 9/23/03

Toby

PS: in anyone is ordering the PB with a single 512 or 1GB stick email me... I can float you one of my extra Apple OEm 256s for 40 bucks Postal Priority.

(update: only one more avail. one off to horne9 at the North Pole!)
No change on my end.

Evan DiBiase
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2003, 12:27 PM

I got the same BTO updates, and my new laptop's apparently going to ship on or before 9/25/03. I talked to an Apple representative who said that, frankly, he's expecting it to ship in "one or two weeks," which is certainly up from the "between the 19th and the 23rd" estimate I received from a rep just a few days ago.

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2003, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by xtoph:
Update on my order: forgot to mention I also have a 40 gig iPod in the order. Anyway, both items supposedly 'shipped' Airborne 2-day some time last night.

When I first started checking the tracking numbers Apple listed on their site, it showed that the iPod had been picked up in Shanghai, and the PowerBook number wasn't in the system yet.

Now when I check, the iPod number says "call us" and the PowerBook number says it's on its way from Illinois.

BUT -- Apple also sent me an invoice email for the PowerBook, which included a (completely different) "waybill' number. I started tracking THAT on airborne, and see that this number is showing the progress of the laptop from Taiwan to Apple in Illinois.

So it looks like: the waybill number will show me the progress from Taiwan to Apple, at whcih point the tracking number will becom e'real' and show me the progress from Illinois to Colorado.
here is a printout from the airborne screen.. my PB 17" looks like it cleared customs yesterday in Chicago... I am in Columbus.. can it still get here today?!?! mmmmm.. new PB for weekend

Shipment Summary:

Current Status:
In Transit

Shipment History:

9/18/03
7:01 pm
In Transit.__
Chicago,_IL

6:59 pm
Arrived at Airborne Station.__
Chicago,_IL

10:37 am
Cleared Customs.__
Chicago,_IL

9/17/03
3:38 pm
Left Airborne Station.__
Taoyuan,_Taiwan

2:56 pm
Broker was Notified.__
Chicago,_IL

2:00 pm
Picked Up by Airborne.
Shipper's Door

Shipper:
Receiver:

COMPAL ELECTRONICS INC
APPLE COMPUTER CONS DISTR

Taipei
Franklin_Park,_IL__60131

Taiwan
United States

Shipment Detail:

Service: Air Freight
Ship Type: Door_To_Door

Special:

Description:
NOTEBOOK COMPUTER PARTS

Weight:9105
Shipper's Reference:NONE

Pieces:19
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

clf8
Sep 19, 2003, 02:27 PM

I ordered at 6am pacific on 9/16.

15" 1.25Ghz
512M ram (1 stick)
80G 5400
w/applecare

20G iPod

My Applecare shipped yesterday. Fed-Ex, no less. My PB is scheduled to ship on or before 9/23 and my iPod is scheduled to ship on or before 9/22. I just added the iPod today, after learning of the $200 rebate offer through the education store. Rock!
Exactly what mine is, except I already have a 30gig iPod.
-Flowers...

lfrog2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2003, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by schk:
Hmm, so the 2 day expedited shipping isn't in fact 2 days from where it ships from? Here's my tracking info for my AE card. I hope I didn't pay 15 bucks for 2 day shipping if it's gonna be 4-5 days...also it lists the method of shipping as Ground even though its supposed to be 2 day.
The 2 days is from when the package clears customs, which is usually around 2 days. Unfortunately customs is a little more stringent these days thanks to a few social deviants I have been told that FedEx ground is used when FedEx can delivery within 2 days through ground. I will find out tomorrow if this is true.

clf8
Sep 19, 2003, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by machem:
*raises hand meekly*
*raises hand......checks email again.....proudly*
-Flowers...

DZimmerman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2003, 04:34 PM

I checked my order status on my new 15" pb and Apple states that it shipped 9-18 and gave the tracking number. As of 3pm this afternoon (9-19) when i imput the tracking number on the airborne site, they say there is no record of the shipment. Does airborne always take this long to post where the package is on route?

Amorya
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2003, 07:42 PM

Mine still doesn't show up in Order Status on Apple's site

I think they're waiting for money from the finance company still.

I go to uni a week on Sunday. I hope it comes before then, otherwise I'll be paying for someone to post it from my house to my uni accommodation!

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

kentuckyfried
Senior User
Sep 19, 2003, 07:46 PM

Order Date
09/17/2003
10:57 PM PST

On or before 09/25/2003
1.25GHz PowerPC G4 065-4116
512MB DDR333 SDRAM-2X256MB 065-4139
60GB Ultra ATA Drive@4200rpm 065-4117
Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) 065-4402
Country Kit/Airport Extreme 065-4496
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS 065-4495

hasn't shipped yet. -_-
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

gif32
Sep 19, 2003, 10:51 PM

Yeah same thing for me. If Apple dosen't give you a choice in who the carrier is, they need to be held accountable for the actions of their carrier of choice. Seems like Airborne is really screwed up right now (w/ DHL merger and all) but this is just unbelievable. I'm used to UPS / FedEx who seem to scan and track that puppy every time it changes hands. If you want a good laugh, go to Airborne's website and put "66" in the tracking number field. Somehow I ended up w/ those results when typing in my tracking number once (which ends with 66, btw) and I think that page speaks for itself for how bad of shape Airborne is in.

Last time I was on the phone with them the guy said "funny, I just talked to a woman having the exact same problem w/ a shipment from Apple. Let me look at this and call us back in 24 hours."

When mine did show up at first, service was listed as "ground" despite the 2-3 day shipping option. Apple said they'd give me my $12 back. Right now I just want the Powerbook!

unchi2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 12:03 AM

Ordered a powerbook 17' with 5400rpm drive with ADC discount on the 17th. Order was open and processed on the 19th. Estimated ship is on 9/23/03. Current order is "open" status.

PowerMatt
Senior User
Sep 20, 2003, 01:06 AM

Still says "ORDER RECEIVED"

I ordered on Wednesday night, is this a normal time to wait?
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

mattcass
Sep 20, 2003, 01:22 AM

Ordered a 15.2" G4 with the combo drive/backlit keyboard/airport extreme and a 20GB ipod to go along with it this afternoon. Currently an "open" order. Est ship date is the 26th.

beefstu01
Sep 20, 2003, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by gif32:
Yeah same thing for me. If Apple dosen't give you a choice in who the carrier is, they need to be held accountable for the actions of their carrier of choice. Seems like Airborne is really screwed up right now (w/ DHL merger and all) but this is just unbelievable. I'm used to UPS / FedEx who seem to scan and track that puppy every time it changes hands. If you want a good laugh, go to Airborne's website and put "66" in the tracking number field. Somehow I ended up w/ those results when typing in my tracking number once (which ends with 66, btw) and I think that page speaks for itself for how bad of shape Airborne is in.

Last time I was on the phone with them the guy said "funny, I just talked to a woman having the exact same problem w/ a shipment from Apple. Let me look at this and call us back in 24 hours."

When mine did show up at first, service was listed as "ground" despite the 2-3 day shipping option. Apple said they'd give me my $12 back. Right now I just want the Powerbook!
Look at my post above for an explanation of such stuff. If you read the shipping email, there is this paragraph ->

For orders shipped Monday through Thursday tracking information will
be available on the carrier sites 12 to 24 hours after shipping.
For orders shipped Friday through Sunday tracking information will be
available on the carrier sites by the following Monday evening.
A wierd excuse, I know, but it says there that you won't see any number showing up in any database until Monday night. The next paragraph tells you to contact an Apple specialist if you have any questions.

Hope this stuff helps.

El Berserko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2003, 01:39 AM

One time I ordered something off the internet that was shipped through Airborne and I didnt see anything on the tracking page until after it arrived at my Door. I think their slow updates and lack of tracking is typical for them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules