Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > **** You, Rahm...

**** You, Rahm...
subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 5, 2012, 05:41 PM

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2012, 07:33 AM

Why he thought that the G8/NATO meetings being held in Chicago was a good idea in the first place is mind boggling. Even with half of it now shifted to Camp David what remains could potentially make the 68 DNC look like a tickle fight. Chicago is so much more accessible than Seattle and look how well that WTO lovefest went back in the days before people could organize blitzkriegs on twitter. With such a central location we're going to be a magnet for ever dirt bag liberal and Occupy some_random_city hippie within 2000 miles of the South Loop. All its going to take is one squad car getting flipped over or a Starbucks set on fire and there's going to be a chain reaction all across the city of rioters.

The suburban police departments already opted out of being on call to help because they can't afford to get sued so the city is on its own. I hope it was in fact the business leaders who made that midget balk and ask that it be moved away from Chicago. Its just another sign the man had no business being mayor in the first place.

The rank and file police and FD loath him. The labor unions don't respect him. And the city council is slowly denigrating back into factions of ward bosses carrying out various personal agendas in their little fiefdoms that the mayor has little (ha) say over.

He never had the support of the life long residents of the city nor can he properly finesse the various groups of workers and private businesses that keep Chicago running. He's basically mayor because he's Obama's bitch.
I don't see this NATO summit going well at all for Chicago.
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Mar 6, 2012 at 07:40 AM. )

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 10, 2012, 08:58 AM

Don't look at me, I voted for Chico.

Forum Links
Forum Rules