Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Tang iMac & Jag, deep sleep?

Tang iMac & Jag, deep sleep?
Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2002, 06:40 AM

Is there any way an Tang iMac (333mhz) can go into 'deep sleep' in Jaguar? If you hit sleep in the Apple Menu the big fan is still running (but evrything else is off). I don't want to shut it down bacase it has the printer connected to it, and the main reason for the upgradd from 9 to Jag was so I could stop moving the printer from room to room.

Glenn Emond
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by Mediaman_12:
Is there any way an Tang iMac (333mhz) can go into 'deep sleep' in Jaguar? If you hit sleep in the Apple Menu the big fan is still running (but evrything else is off). I don't want to shut it down bacase it has the printer connected to it, and the main reason for the upgradd from 9 to Jag was so I could stop moving the printer from room to room.
This may or may not work but my sleep problem was correctred when I downloaded and installed the OS X update 10.2.1. Several other problems also disappeared. Although Jaguar is not yet perfect, the updated got it closer to that goal.
G Emond

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2002, 01:41 PM

I don't think any Rev. A to D iMac will get into a complete sleep mode (store in the RAM) like modern Macs do. I own both the Bondi Rev. A and the Rev. D, there is no way to turn off the fan in sleep mode. I feel like after hitting the sleep key, USB devices(mouse, keyboard) are still on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules