Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > When at home, do u use battery pwr or adaptor?

View Poll Results: How do you power your PB? battery or adaptor
Poll Options:
Power Adaptor with battery in 35 votes (83.33%)
Power Adaptor with battery removed 4 votes (9.52%)
Battery Mode until recharing is needed 3 votes (7.14%)
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
When at home, do u use battery pwr or adaptor?
RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2002, 06:33 PM

Im curious to know what ppl use to power their PBs at home.

a: Power adaptor w/ battery in
b: Power adaptor w/ battery removed
c: Use battery mode til charging is necessary
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2002, 06:38 PM

i usually use the power adapter in with the battery in also, but i just do that as a habit dont know if i should be doing it otherwise.

and i got real confused when i got the new tibook, it has two different cables, and ac adapter and an ac cord, i wasnt sure how to use the cord, i upgraded from a lombard and we only had one cord for ac use.

l�k
iron sharpens iron

NSUser
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2002, 06:52 PM

I keep my TiBook plugged into the AC at work all day, so I usually try to let the battery discharge down to the first warning before plugging it in when I'm at home.

I seem to recall that letting the battery discharge once in a while used to be good for the older kind that exhibited the "memory effect" -- don't know if it still matters for the modern batteries.

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2002, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by lokjah:
i usually use the power adapter in with the battery in also, but i just do that as a habit dont know if i should be doing it otherwise.

and i got real confused when i got the new tibook, it has two different cables, and ac adapter and an ac cord, i wasnt sure how to use the cord, i upgraded from a lombard and we only had one cord for ac use.

l�k
I was confused too! Then the things that pop out to wrap the extra cord around . . . it was quite perplexing.

I use ac power with battery inserted at home. The only reason I see to use the battery (when at home) is to avoid that frequent occurances of the fan.

engage1000
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2002, 12:36 AM

I usually use my TiBook on battery, as much as I can. After all, I did pay a large amount of money to have this ability.

When the battery gets low, I plug it in. I am usually around an outlet at all times, so it isn't a big deal. I just like to have the ability to move around freely using airport.
I learned the hard way that you can't use vB smilies in your sig. see --> :cry:

Vond
Dec 4, 2002, 02:52 AM

My girlfriend and I both have Pismos (I also just received my Gigabook yesterday!!) and we use them with the batteries out because since Jaguar the batteries never stop charging for some reason. I'm sure that's not good for them. Right?

Forum Links
Forum Rules