Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: iMac 17" w/ Superdrive, Possibly Trade My PB G4 Ti

WTB: iMac 17" w/ Superdrive, Possibly Trade My PB G4 Ti
spencerb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 02:59 PM

I finished school and my job does not require a laptop, so I'm going to upgrade to a desktop. I also will need a SuperDrive and larger screen (my church wants me to help start producing DVDs for them).

Here's my requirements:

iMac G4 or G5 1ghz+
SuperDrive
80GB+ Hard Drive
17" Screen

Those items are must-haves, no exceptions. I prefer 512MB+ of RAM and an AirPort card, but I can buy and install them myself (and the price of the iMac should reflect this need). I don't want to spend a fortune (that's why I'm looking here and not buying a new one at Apple). I really like the iMac G5, but not sure if I want to spend the $$$, but if you have one let me know.

I will be selling my PowerBook in the event I find an iMac, and will consider a trade. Here's the specs:

Titanium G4 800Mhz
15.2" screen
40GB Hard Drive
1GB RAM
Combo Drive
AirPort card
Only problem is the latch doesn't always catch.
Cosmetically, usual wear and tear, and also some glue on the side of the LCD where I put in a new hinge.

Forum Links
Forum Rules