Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Inventory Value

Inventory Value
jokell82
Professional Poster
May 29, 2008, 02:28 PM

Quoth the DM website:
And we say, “True, but have you ever had someone break in and steal all your CDs or DVDs? Your insurance company wants an exact list of what you had, but you can’t remember every last thing, and so for years afterwards you think, ‘Drat, I forgot to list Rocky Horror Picture Show, and now it’s too late!’ Well, with Delicious Library you always have a complete inventory of your stuff, with replacement costs. You can print it or back it up to the web, so it’s not going anywhere.
Ok, so where do I go to get a current tally of my collection's worth. I can see the current value field in each individual title, but I want a value for my entire collection. THAT is something I would need to print out and give to my insurance company.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

balthazar_b
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Quoth the DM website:

Ok, so where do I go to get a current tally of my collection's worth. I can see the current value field in each individual title, but I want a value for my entire collection. THAT is something I would need to print out and give to my insurance company.
What I did to see this is export my library to an Excel file (DL 2 has great export functionality - just go to File > Export > Export to Another Application. You can choose which fields to export, including the current value, and have Excel calculate the total.

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 05:07 PM

Export to Excel, and then sum the column.

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 05:08 PM

edit: oops should have refreshed browser to see other replies.

-LD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 06:31 PM

Wouldn't statistics such as this within the program make more sense rather than exporting to something else? The Pedias do this automatically.

jokell82  (op)
Professional Poster
May 29, 2008, 09:17 PM

Why can't this be an option on a print out? I'd love to be able to just print out a list with values.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules