Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Legacy MacNN dead?

Legacy MacNN dead?
Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2012, 09:31 PM

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2012, 09:42 PM

it seems obvious that this forum which I have been a member for the past 11 years is dying.

it's a shame, Without the main page drawing traffic it will keep new members from checking this place out.

Gankdawg  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2012, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by phantomdragonz View Post
it seems obvious that this forum which I have been a member for the past 11 years is dying.

it's a shame, Without the main page drawing traffic it will keep new members from checking this place out.
The main page is macnn.com. When they switched, they kept legacy around because of the uproar. Doubtful there will be uproar now as no one is reading it.

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2012, 10:09 PM

Apple, Macintosh, iPod and iPhone news | MacNN

well that does look a lot better...

but still, it's been depressing that this site is dropping in readership so much.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 6, 2012, 12:05 AM

I've notified the news team that Legacy is stuck.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2012, 01:41 AM

Darn, I guess you'll have to use a news site designed in this millennium and not the '90s.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 6, 2012, 01:58 AM

I did get a reply that they're working on the issue.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Mar 6, 2012, 02:18 AM

It's dead because of moderators moderating the ****ing soul out of this place. No more disagreements, no more strong opinions, someone somewhere might get sand in their vagina and complain, and we can't have that. Actually, even if someone isn't breaking the rules, and they somehow manage to piss off a group of sandy vaginas, we should ban them. And keep banning people until we have... peace. No disagreements. Nothing upsets us. Everything is calm. Quiet. And there will be silence here, and it will be glorious.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Mar 6, 2012, 02:19 AM

Oh wait, actually it'll be like it is now: Pointless and empty. Again, PROPS!

<3 U GUYS!!

- Ca$h

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 6, 2012, 02:51 AM

I still wanna know if this guy is Rob.

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...t/#post4152900

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2012, 03:10 AM

Not Rob.

Cash died from a combination of hypothermia and carbon monoxide poisoning after he had the brilliant idea to live in a f'ing car garage.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2012, 05:48 AM

I don't know everyone who was banned and why but I think its a little unfair to say there no strong personalities left here. I'd say there are a few based on the arguments we still have, particularly in the PWL, there are a number of stubborn, opinionated so-and-sos, myself included.

As for banning anyone who annoys people, I'm pretty sure not many would miss me round here but I'm still around because every time I get the urge to call someone a ****wit for being exactly that, I reign myself in and don't.

Perhaps some people are confusing 'strong personality' with rude? Like I said, I don't know why any of these personalities were banned and perhaps the language and hostility in this thread is just because you were banned (understandable I suppose) but if thats how you always were then perhaps that was something to do with it.

I guess there are fine lines between rigorous heated discussion, trollfest and Youtube commenters.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

nostalgiaCa$h
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2012, 09:45 AM

Man, I liked surfing the legacy site on my FrankeniMac.
anyone who wants to be me, can be me.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 6, 2012, 11:34 PM

Legacy is updating again. They even emailed me to say so, and thanked us for contacting them about it. Both Robs can die happy now.

ps - I used the generic Contact page to reach them. Not sure if they recognized me.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Mar 7, 2012, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Not Rob.

Cash died from a combination of hypothermia and carbon monoxide poisoning after he had the brilliant idea to live in a f'ing car garage.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Mar 7, 2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by nostalgiaCa$h View Post
Man, I liked surfing the legacy site on my FrankeniMac.
Hi Kilbey. How is your ugly nascar baby?

XOXO - Rob

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 7, 2012, 10:32 AM

How did winter treat you (and your heating bill) in that space?

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Mar 8, 2012, 09:44 PM

"its OK darling you don't really want a proper house, a garage is just as good".

PB2K
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2012, 12:35 AM

Is that really ca$h's garage? It looks very great and a man's place !!!

This forum is quite in decline yes (10 years ago I felt really part of it) maybe because mac has become quite dead too as a 'personal' choice of computer, it has become the product of marketing and then the general public discovered it. Nowadays you see them even being advertized with "huge!" discounts..I have never bought my macs because they had a discount..I just wanted the best mac I could get and express individuality a bit. Apple's struggle was a bit how I struggled. we both don't struggle no more. Life nowadays is lush and prosperous. So it has come to the point where I have put an ugly piece of stagetape over my MBP's apple logo. It's a brand with which I do not longer identify (edit : and especially NOT with their corporate strategy in China). I have missed the latest models macbook pro's for two years now. I am not aware of what they sell anymore.
Goodbye old life.
( Last edited by PB2K; Mar 9, 2012 at 02:04 AM. )

reader50
Administrator
Mar 9, 2012, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by PB2K View Post
Apple's struggle was a bit how I struggled. we both don't struggle no more. Life nowadays is lush and prosperous. So it has come to the point where I have put an ugly piece of stagetape over my MBP's apple logo. It's a brand with which I do not longer identify (edit : and especially NOT with their corporate strategy in China). I have missed the latest models macbook pro's for two years now.
Interesting. I rather agree, Apple no longer needs special help. I stopped most advocating with the Intel switch, when we became more generic. Though I haven't gone to covering my logos.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2012, 02:06 AM

I edited the phrase "this forum is dead" . As it's not dead
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Mar 10, 2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
How did winter treat you (and your heating bill) in that space?
f

~ $50-80 a month. It only has one outside wall, and everything is insulated. I let it drop down to about 50 during the day and the nights I'm not there. It has radiant heat so within 15 minutes it's about 70.

Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
"its OK darling you don't really want a proper house, a garage is just as good".
**** women and their stupid dreams of suburban housewifery. I'm going to have a hot tub and a pool table installed fairly soon as well.

Originally Posted by PB2K View Post
Is that really ca$h's garage? It looks very great and a man's place !!!

This forum is quite in decline yes (10 years ago I felt really part of it) maybe because mac has become quite dead too as a 'personal' choice of computer, it has become the product of marketing and then the general public discovered it. Nowadays you see them even being advertized with "huge!" discounts..I have never bought my macs because they had a discount..I just wanted the best mac I could get and express individuality a bit. Apple's struggle was a bit how I struggled. we both don't struggle no more. Life nowadays is lush and prosperous. So it has come to the point where I have put an ugly piece of stagetape over my MBP's apple logo. It's a brand with which I do not longer identify (edit : and especially NOT with their corporate strategy in China). I have missed the latest models macbook pro's for two years now. I am not aware of what they sell anymore.
Goodbye old life.
Thanks, and disagree. This wasn't just a place for mac help, it was a community that was killed by poor choices.

nostalgiaCa$h
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2012, 12:52 PM

yeah, **** women and their stupid dreams. oh, and stop stealing my images Kilbey. What do you do, follow me around the internet searching for my usernames? ****** stalker.

If video killed the radio star, and the internet killed print journalism, who will kill teh internets? Lame powermad fascist mods. :/
anyone who wants to be me, can be me.

knifecarrier2
Baninated
Mar 13, 2012, 09:22 AM

Sweet that the mods ban me for years yet allow this ^. Oh well, do I expect anything better from a group of people who killed an active community? Nope.

Tiresias
Mar 13, 2012, 11:41 AM

I think the garage house is kind of cool.

If you're into cars.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 13, 2012, 12:18 PM

So here's another question. would a "Click here to testify that you are 18 or over, non-family friendly, anything goes, no-holds-barred" section of the forums and a full (except for spam) ban amnesty bring MacNN back to life?

They could even call the new section "Rob's Garage".
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

andi*pandi
Mar 13, 2012, 12:24 PM

I think there's something called fuzzy wombat which fills that bill.

Rumor
Mar 13, 2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I think there's something called fuzzy wombat which fills that bill.
Last I looked at that place, it was more vacant than the eyes of a lobotomy patient.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Forum Links
Forum Rules