Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Vote for your Hometown Maxim girl

Vote for your Hometown Maxim girl
RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2003, 05:31 PM

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
May 5, 2003, 08:04 PM

w00t! Brooklyn in the house! Check out Anissa

vmpaul
Professional Poster
May 5, 2003, 08:07 PM

Ooooh, Sunisa - Bellflower, CA

Swiss Bob
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2003, 08:33 PM

Eeek. I think I gotta stop reading TopModel - I could only pick 5.

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2003, 08:33 PM

I've only checked a few of them, but so far they seem to be overwhelmingly of the "ho" variety which does not do it for me. They should change the name to "hometown stripper".

If those are the best of the submissions, they must have waded through some seriously nappy hoodrat hoochy mammas to get to these finalists.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

imaxxedout69
Banned
May 5, 2003, 08:38 PM

Choose your slut.

Eh. No thanks. I don't dig dirty whores. I remember when Maxim started this contest.... one of them was talkinga bout going down on guys and ****ing them in bathrooms of clubs, and how she likes to have sex all the time.

What a ****ing slut.

Blech.

- Ca$h

sworthy
Mac Elite
May 5, 2003, 08:58 PM

...seriously - they all want to be models but they're just ho's.

beb
Mac Elite
May 5, 2003, 09:43 PM

Jeez, one of em was from my hometown.

How the hell did I miss her only 40K + people live here anyway.

That'll teach me to stop looking for women who come from Prague.

Jansar
Professional Poster
May 5, 2003, 11:40 PM

Oh my God!

I was...ahem...friends with one of these girls...I can't f-ing believe it! She's Liz (Elizabeth) from Pleasanton, CA,(bottom right) and...damn it's so weird to see her after all this time. I keep saying to myself, "It's really her! It's really her!" and I haven't spoken to her in at least five years. She used to live in my hometown and then she moved away.

This has happened to me twice! A girl who I knew (and graduated before me in high school), Kristina Rostad, next year...out of the blue...appears in Stuff! I mean..WTF?! Back then I wasn't drawn to her like a tractor beam so I was just so caught off-guard to see her within a conglomeration of male fantasies less than a year later.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

vmpaul
Professional Poster
May 6, 2003, 12:53 AM

Geez, people are pretty judgemental. You don't know anything about these girls. Dressing in some skimpy outfits for a magazine shoot doesn't make someone automatically a 'ho'. Really pretty pathetic.

BTW Jansar, Liz looks pretty cute. Too bad you're way too late.

Jansar
Professional Poster
May 6, 2003, 03:46 AM

Originally posted by vmpaul:

BTW Jansar, Liz looks pretty cute. Too bad you're way too late.
I know. Maybe I should say hi to her sometime (if the chance). However, the girl I'm with right now also deserves a place in Stuff or Maxim anyway so I'm happy.

It's still quite exciting to see someone you know!
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Eciton
Forum Regular
May 6, 2003, 04:29 AM

Originally posted by beb:
That'll teach me to stop looking for women who come from Prague.
LOL - I know what you mean! Nothing looks quite the same after going there. I'd swear every girl in Prague could get a job as a model anywhere else in the world

imaxxedout69
Banned
May 6, 2003, 01:10 PM

You don't know anything about these girls. Dressing in some skimpy outfits for a magazine shoot doesn't make someone automatically a 'ho'.
Except for a lot of them admit f*cking random guys at clubs and go down on strangers etc etc.

And dressing in skimpy outfits for a public magazine doesn't make you a ho?

Riiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhht.

- Ca$h

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2003, 01:24 PM

Geez, people are pretty judgemental. You don't know anything about these girls. Dressing in some skimpy outfits for a magazine shoot doesn't make someone automatically a 'ho'. Really pretty pathetic.
My judgement was one of appearance, not substance. These girls have opted for the 'ho' image. Probably because it's what gets them attention and they think that is what Maixm wants (and they probably do). It sells.

I just don't find it attractive. I don't like how strippers look. I don't like boob jobs. I absolutely hate lip implants. A girl who looks like she just got off of a dancing pole is turn off, not a turn on for me personally.

There is a distinction between "easy" and "sexy". Unfortunately lots of people don't know the difference or don't care. I do.

I'm not saying my taste is better, just different. If the stripper look does it for you, you're in luck because it's very popular and lots of girls are doing it. It just doesn't do anything pleasant for me.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
May 6, 2003, 02:51 PM

Ho Ho HO!

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2003, 03:34 PM

exception that proves the rule?

Swiss Bob
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2003, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:
I just don't find it attractive. I don't like how strippers look. I don't like boob jobs. I absolutely hate lip implants. A girl who looks like she just got off of a dancing pole is turn off, not a turn on for me personally.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
May 6, 2003, 04:10 PM

<slobber>
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2003, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
<slobber>
I third that...

vmpaul
Professional Poster
May 6, 2003, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:
My judgement was one of appearance, not substance. These girls have opted for the 'ho' image. Probably because it's what gets them attention and they think that is what Maixm wants (and they probably do). It sells.

There is a distinction between "easy" and "sexy". Unfortunately lots of people don't know the difference or don't care. I do.

I'm not saying my taste is better, just different. If the stripper look does it for you, you're in luck because it's very popular and lots of girls are doing it. It just doesn't do anything pleasant for me.
Random sample difference. I looked at 3-4 and they looked pretty nice (Jansar's Elizabeth, for example). Couple looked a little slutty, I guess. But that doesn't mean they sell their bodies FOR SEX. I was just a little put back by all the 'ho' this and 'ho' that comments. Seemed a bit over the top.

Chalk it up to posting anonymously on message boards. I guess some brats just need to spew and since they wouldn't have the guts to to say it out loud if they were in a group they say it here. They'd probably piss their pants if a good looking girl walked up to them in a club.

No biggie. I should've let it go.

(I don't go for the slutty, fake look either)

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2003, 07:09 PM

Random sample difference. I looked at 3-4 and they looked pretty nice (Jansar's Elizabeth, for example). Couple looked a little slutty, I guess. But that doesn't mean they sell their bodies FOR SEX. I was just a little put back by all the 'ho' this and 'ho' that comments. Seemed a bit over the top.

Chalk it up to posting anonymously on message boards. I guess some brats just need to spew and since they wouldn't have the guts to to say it out loud if they were in a group they say it here. They'd probably piss their pants if a good looking girl walked up to them in a club.

No biggie. I should've let it go.

(I don't go for the slutty, fake look either)
It's cool. I understood you and what you meant. I was just clarifying my rant as a matter of style/taste rather than actually suggesting they are prostitutes. Although, I so suspect several of them are strippers. I did see one in her Hooters outfit.

"Hooters: where they treat you like strippers, but pay you like busboys."

Cipher13
May 6, 2003, 09:03 PM

Wow.

I repeat...

Forum Links
Forum Rules