Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Problem viewing DL on iPod

Problem viewing DL on iPod
Cerise
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 11, 2006, 03:42 AM

I seem to be having trouble viewing DL on iPod - DL updates the iPod fine (if I view the iPod's notes via the desktop, I can see they're all there), but I can only view Books and Games on the iPod itself. After that, the folders appear empty - Movies, Music and even Other Shelves, which should at least display the available folders (shelves) within. Any ideas..? There's plenty of space on the iPod, by the way. Thanks!

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2006, 06:01 PM

The iPod hardware has a built-in 1000 note limit, as documented at Long notes are truncated on your iPod by Apple. Only up to the first 1000 items in your library will appear on your iPod.

You can send feedback to Apple about this at Apple - Feedback

Cerise  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2006, 08:16 AM

Ah, that would explain it - thank you. That's a bit crap, innit? I'll send them some feedback.

Oh well, at least I got it working on my Palm by adding .txt to each filename using 'Name Those Files' - all in one go, including subfolders. Couple of seconds later and hey presto - folder sync using 'The Missing Sync' and it's all viewable via 'Documents To Go' on the Palm. Lovely!
( Last edited by Cerise; Sep 12, 2006 at 08:25 AM. )

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2006, 04:19 PM

That's cool. There's also a third party utility out there for converting the Delicious Library data into a Palm database format of some sort. It's amazing all the little utilities you find when you search for Delicious Monster on Version Tracker.

Forum Links
Forum Rules