Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > [ANN] SafariSpeed 1.2.2 - Now Tiger Compatible!

[ANN] SafariSpeed 1.2.2 - Now Tiger Compatible!
Scifience
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 12:02 PM

SafariSpeed 1.2.2 has just been released and adds OS X 10.4 "Tiger" support to the application.

SafariSpeed is a critically-acclaimed utility that speeds up your browser by disabling caching of favorite icons and/or removing a built-in page loading delay. It is totally free, open source software, though donations are greatly appreciated.

You can download the latest version here: http://www.scifience.net/safarispeed.html

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

DylanG
May 3, 2005, 12:52 PM

What's the downside? I assume Apple made the current design choices for a reason. I'm not trying to be critical, I just want to make an educated choice about whether I want to run the utility.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
May 3, 2005, 01:07 PM

Is there any difference between removing a built-in page loading delay and sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0?

Scifience  (op)
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 01:28 PM

Yes, there is a difference between what SafariSpeed does and what the command you posted does.

The downside? There is no downside to disabling caching of favorite icons other than the fact that they will no longer be saved, and bookmarks/etc. will no longer display them. A very few specialized websites will not render properly with the delay disabled, but it will definately speed up the vast majority of them without messing up rendering.

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 01:30 PM

Ji Eun
Mac Enthusiast
May 4, 2005, 09:42 AM

thanks

12" iBook 1.2ghz / 1.2gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules