Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > IE 7 beta now ready for download!

IE 7 beta now ready for download! (Page 2)
Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 09:00 PM

Its amazing that so many PC users think this half-assed, years-late piece of software is so damn great. PC users are obviously desperate, yet would panic if someone attempted to replace their Start button with a better OS. I knew using a computer for hours a day could affect your eyesight, but I didn't realize just how much using Windows can make you nearsighted!

Salty
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 12:40 AM

yah I don't know what the heck is with those menus...

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 05:56 PM

Actually, it's not all that bad. Now, I am a Mac user through and through but am forced to use a Windows-based PC at work every day. I just downloaded I.E. 7 and have to say it's not half bad. The new menus take a bit of getting used to and there are sites that don't load properly (including MacNN). But I actually like their implementation of tabbed browsing and the new menus are growing on me - pretty intuitive actually. Yes, the stuff they added is outdated (i.e. other browsers have had them for awhile) but it's there and so far it works nicely for a preview release.

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalEl
[/b]IIRC, the last issue of PC World showed a preview of the next big version of Microsoft Office and a considerable part of the article focused on this new interface. Same thing. Toolbar icons replace the familiar menus. I'll reserve true judgment 'til I can use it myself, but my snap reaction is "Who in the hell thought THAT was a good idea!?"
if that is truly what MS is going to do then I am pissed off. Change is good, but getting rid of the menus is a horrible idea.

If they do that I hope they go down under, and get replaced by Mac OS or Linux.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 11:02 PM

"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2006, 12:13 AM

I took the little interface tour. It was kind of ridiculous. What's really sad is that there are people out there who will pick up IE 7 thinking that Microsoft has done it again, the masters of innovative ideas.

*sigh* and it's still not comliant?
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleGiant
Seriously. This is all I want from it. If people want features, they can go elsewhere. All I want to know is that validated sites will render correctly for everyone, including the naive fools using IE.
halleleujah, brother!

Forum Links
Forum Rules