Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How to burn a single VOB video file to DVD please.

How to burn a single VOB video file to DVD please.
Topaz
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2013, 09:52 AM

I have a single VOB video file converted from a MPEG4 file, but not in a Video TS folder. Can I burn this to a standard single layer DVD now using Toast 10, to view on any standalone DVD player? Size is 2.65gb. When I add this VOB file, Toast automatically switches to the Video window and indicates further conversion which I thought had already been done in Video Converter.

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2013, 02:48 PM

Duplicate your file, then let Yoast do its thing and see what happens.

Topaz  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 29, 2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by jmiddel View Post
Duplicate your file, then let Yoast do its thing and see what happens.
Sorry I don't exactly understand. if I duplicate the file I will just have a further copy of the same. What will this achieve? More advice please.

Topaz  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 29, 2013, 09:22 AM

Tried it but didn't work. But I now learn it is appropriate that Toast uses the video file setting because the VOB is not inside a VIDEO_TS folder. What should happen when I click the burn button is for Toast to report that it is Multiplexing the video. If it says it is encoding then I have to stop the process and go to Toast's Custom Encoder Settings window and select Never Re-encode. You get to that window by clicking the More... button and then the Encoding tab and then the Custom button. I am glad to say this worked.

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2013, 04:02 PM

Great! The reason I recommended duplication was in case the file you working with gets damaged you still have a pristine copy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules