Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Forums will stay up

Forums will stay up (Page 3)
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jul 17, 2016, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by aspire2inspire View Post
Your content is your gift to forums?
No one visits a forum with no content. On most of the automotive forums I frequent, I create the content and provide answers that bring Google searchers to that forum.

Really, so when you go into a restaurant, does that mean your talking pays the restaurant's bills?
You're not good at analogies, are you? People don't pay money to restaurants to hear other people talking, they pay to eat the food provided by the restaurant. I'm delivering food to the restaurant.

You sound like a politician -- I'm so good that just my mere presence should force all to bow before me.
Trying to equate me to something that everyone hates: 3/10 poor effort. 1/10 for accurately describing a politician.

Someone or something has to pay the bills, and a couple ads don't impede that.
You're not good at...words...are you? Ads are no good if no one sees them, and if there's no content on a website, no one will visit that site.

So what if you have to scroll a bit. It is not going to kill you.
Obnoxious interfaces drive away users. It's not about what will or won't kill you, it's about not intentionally driving away users of an already dying forum.

I still cannot get over the fact that you hail from Iowa with an attitude like that. From the rest of this state: Get over yourself.
You sound like a politician -- believing you speak for an entire state while being entirely disconnected from reality and impeding progress.

See what I did there?

Forum Links
Forum Rules