Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > wireless router - "redirection requests" ?

wireless router - "redirection requests" ?
dennisuello
Dec 5, 2004, 04:58 PM

I just recently got Belkin Wireless router (used to have Linksys wired one) and now I can't just type google in the address bar and hit enter. It gives me an error page "We're sorry, but we were unable to process the redirection request for the site you are attempting to access.
If you feel that you are receiving this message in error, please check the URL and try your request again.
(RF)"
once I add .com to the end it works.

Also, very often (about 1 out of 3 or 4 tries), I get site cannot be found error and try again immediately and it connects. (this happens on both PowerMac connected directly to router and on wireless iBook)

does anyone have any suggestions what to try?

dennisuello  (op)
Dec 6, 2004, 11:36 AM

well, i decided to return the Belkin router and get Apple Airport, with printer port. Belkin had a print server built-in, but it wasn't till I was reading the FAQs in the back of the manual I found out that print server is a Windows-only feature. We'll see if I have better luck with Airport, at least I can get an external antenna to improve the range.

Forum Links
Forum Rules