Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Buying/scalping baseball tickets?

Buying/scalping baseball tickets?
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2013, 10:10 AM

I'm going to be in San Fran next week and would love to see the Giants. I've only ever bought baseball tickets from a team's website. In this instance there don't seem to be great seats available on the dates I'm there. Anyone have advice on the best way to get good tickets, or if you're familiar with AT&T park a great location to sit? (I usually aim for first-base line or third-base line myself, but keep in mind I've only ever been to Jays games.) Online makes sense to me....in the past I have just showed up at games and bought tickets from scalpers outside, but of course you're not guaranteed good seats and I'm not even sure you can do that any more.

Advice?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

andi*pandi
Jun 12, 2013, 11:25 AM

In Boston they frown on anyone selling tickets outside the park unless it's face value or less. Like, police frown. I even had a free ticket we weren't using and felt weird trying to give it away.

Never done craigslist, but I see tickets there. Be prepared for crazy.

ShortcutToMoncton  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2013, 11:47 AM

Yeah every place is different with that sort of thing. I won't have much ability to run around the city to meet Internet People to pick up tickets, so that's why I was wondering whether there was an easier option

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Jun 12, 2013, 12:10 PM

I always buy from Stub Hub for out of town games or extras at my local park. Good seats, even behind dugout, drop below face value*. And Stub Hub is legal/guaranteed real ticket (print at home barcode), they are a MLB partner (and NFL too).

*Playoff/big games excluded, obviously.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jun 12, 2013, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by residentEvil View Post
I always buy from Stub Hub for out of town games or extras at my local park. Good seats, even behind dugout, drop below face value*. And Stub Hub is legal/guaranteed real ticket (print at home barcode), they are a MLB partner (and NFL too).

*Playoff/big games excluded, obviously.
This is the correct answer.

ShortcutToMoncton  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM

You guys are the best - had heard of Stubhub but never used. Great feature of having a pop-up picture of your view from each section. Got solid lower infield seats along the first-base line so looking forward to...the Padres.

andi*pandi
Jun 12, 2013, 01:00 PM

woo internet!

Tiresias
Jun 12, 2013, 01:50 PM

Kind of like the dendroid veins that show blue through the pale flesh behind her knee?

Forum Links
Forum Rules