Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Boot Camp 1.1.2 released

Boot Camp 1.1.2 released
Weezer
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 05:21 PM

Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta contains several updates and is intended for all new and previous Boot Camp beta users.

Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta includes:
Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
Easier partitioning using presets for popular sizes
Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
Support for built-in iSight cameras
Support for built-in microphones
Support for the Apple USB Modem
Trackpad scrolling and right-click support on Apple Laptops
Improved Apple keyboard support including Delete, PrintScreen, NumLock, and ScrollLock keys
Improved International Apple keyboard support

Apple Boot Camp 1.1.2 - MacUpdate

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Weezer  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 05:30 PM

hopefully this fixes the annoying partitioning errors a lot of people were getting. I gave up trying to install bootcamp 1.1.1, I'll report back if I have success

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2006, 05:31 PM

Hmm, so not much really specified. Probably some small bugfixes but nothing major. It might not even have new drivers considering it hasn't been too long since 1.1.1

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2006, 05:33 PM

Hmm, I'll hold off on this one.

Weezer  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 05:34 PM

"If you previously installed Boot Camp beta, you can easily update to Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta. You don't need to partition your hard drive again (unless you want to change its size) or reinstall your Macintosh and Windows software or documents, but it's very important to update the Boot Camp Assistant software, create a new Macintosh Drivers for Windows CD and install the updated software it contains on Windows XP. Complete instructions are provided in the Installation and Setup Guide included with the Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta software."

Seems like it must have new drivers if they want you to burn a new CD

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 07:11 PM

"Trackpad scrolling and right-click gestures work correctly"

Well hello, that's definitely a welcome improvement! I wonder if it'll work under Vista, or if I'll need to revert back to XP for the time being. Hmm... I'll report back later once I get my hands on an external drive and/or a blank CD.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

hookem2oo7
Senior User
Oct 30, 2006, 07:38 PM

you have to hold two fingers on the trackpad and click the trackpad button. regardless, it's still more convenient than having to use the right cmd key to do it... I would have liked to see two finger tap right-clicking as well

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 04:32 AM

I would have liked to see tap clicking, let alone 2 finger tap clicking. Its a real pain in the ass to have to press the trachpad button everytime i want to click.. so much easier if you can just tap.
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2006, 12:33 PM

Installed 1.1.2 on my new C2D MBP last night. XP installed, but BSOD'ed during the Mac driver install. Now all HID peripherals (including the trackpad and keyboard) aren't recognized by XP.

Last known good config doesn't work, so I think I'm going to wipe the install and try again.

Abbas
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2006, 05:39 AM

Any idea id Vista RC2 installs now? I was getting a strange error about HD not correctly configured when using the previous Bootcamp beta.

-a

bojangvan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2006, 04:44 PM

Same problem here except it was not a fresh install but a driver upgrade form 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. The error seemed to happen when installing the trackpad driver. Since the blue screen I have tried everything.

1: Reinstalling the 1.1.2 drivers
2: Installing the 1.1.1 drivers
3: Installing drivers one at a time after opening the MSI
4: Running a XP repair and reinstalling the 1.1.2 drivers
5: Safe Mode, Last known config, you name it.

The only thing left is a fresh install of XP. I am really bummed about this, Bootcamp was working flawlessly for me since August. I even upgraded from 1.1 to 1.1.1 w/o problems.

Originally Posted by justinkim View Post
Installed 1.1.2 on my new C2D MBP last night. XP installed, but BSOD'ed during the Mac driver install. Now all HID peripherals (including the trackpad and keyboard) aren't recognized by XP.

Last known good config doesn't work, so I think I'm going to wipe the install and try again.

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2006, 08:18 PM

I wiped the partition and re-installed XP and the 1.1.2 drivers. The installation worked this time and I have a fully functional XP boot.

bojangvan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2006, 09:49 PM

I am in the process of doing the same thing (wiping XP and reloading). All this for the right click option on the track pad! If entourage did not suck so bad I would not need this XP partition for outlook.

sieb
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 2, 2006, 11:56 AM

I'm having problems with my trackpad in FF. It will randomly act like its stuck in scroll mode and not move around, other times it sporadically jump around links..
Sieb
Blackbook
(2Ghz, 2GB, 100Gig, week 21)

dvmorris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2006, 08:33 PM

I wiped the partition and re-installed XP and the 1.1.2 drivers. The installation worked this time and I have a fully functional XP boot.
Does anyone know whether a "repair" of the install will work, or even to reinstall windows on top of the previous install with the frozen keyboard problem? I really can't afford to wipe the partition clean and start over. I've done that two or three too many times... two or three times. thanks for the help,
dave

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 7, 2006, 10:33 PM

In general, a repair or an in-place upgrade/install of Windows does work and does fix problems caused by issues with the original install. And it usually goes smoother and faster too. YMMV, but that's what I'd do before wiping the partition (again).

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

dvmorris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2006, 06:00 PM

I just tried running a repair and it gets to the first point that requires keyboard or mouse usage within the windows installation process, at 34 minutes left or so, and the mouse and the keyboard both don't work.

this happened to me before, but I don't remember what i did to fix it. any ideas?

sray
Forum Regular
Nov 8, 2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by dvmorris View Post
I just tried running a repair and it gets to the first point that requires keyboard or mouse usage within the windows installation process, at 34 minutes left or so, and the mouse and the keyboard both don't work.

this happened to me before, but I don't remember what i did to fix it. any ideas?
Simple fix : remove the Apple Mighty mouse altogether. Use a generic PC USB mouse or use no mouse during the install process.

This has been well documented elsewhere and on apple's support sites. Not sure why this is, but I wasted an hour on this yesterday.

dvmorris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2006, 07:21 PM

I'm not using a mighty mouse. nothing is plugged in when i do the install. i've read those posts about the might mouse all over the place, but I never really even knew what a mighty mouse was until recently.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2006, 12:57 AM

Does the bluetooth keyboard work any better?

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by the_glassman View Post
Does the bluetooth keyboard work any better?
The Apple seems to work perfectly for me! I am very impressed overall!

Oversoul
Senior User
Nov 15, 2006, 11:52 AM

Dunno where else to post this. I installed XP Pro on my MP last night without problems. One quirk though:

When I press down Option on Startup to change startup disks, the Windows partition is a standard hard drive icon, but the Mac partition is an iPod nano with a stop sign on its screen. There's no problem when I select the Mac partition and load up, but what's with the icon?

FL!PNEUS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2006, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by TailsToo View Post
The Apple seems to work perfectly for me! I am very impressed overall!
Please define perfect, because after I've connected it, it indeed works perfectly, but everytime I reboot Windows, I need to reconnect it again. I'm on a MacBook btw.
In a dream I'm a different me with a perfect you, we fit perfectly.
And for once in my life I feel complete and I still want to ruin it.

shanejh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sieb View Post
I'm having problems with my trackpad in FF. It will randomly act like its stuck in scroll mode and not move around, other times it sporadically jump around links..
I'm also having issues like this. Oddly enough I'm sure this all started after I updated my firmware . This is on a MacBook Pro.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

QueenOfSwords
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2006, 09:11 AM

Yuck *no*. 1.1.2 is horribly unstable on my 1.83 MBP. I can't run anything without getting 0x0000005 access violation errors. Then my MBP will freeze.

I rolled back to 1.1.0 via a System Restore. I lost the trackpad functionality but the MBP is rock-solid again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules