Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Apple sells 100 million iPods

Apple sells 100 million iPods
icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 9, 2007, 04:29 PM

Back in 2003, I posted this thread in which I looked back at the launch of the iPod two years earlier. Back then, the iPod had apparently just sold 1 million units, and I was sort of gloating about how wrong some people's original reactions to the device were. And now, almost 4 years later, they've reached 100 million. That's pretty amazing. I bought an iPod shortly after they came out, but even I had no earthly idea that it would become such a success, changing both Apple and the entire music industry. I just thought now would be a good time to think back over the last 6 years and consider how the iPod has changed things.

By the way, this article on MSNBC.com reads like an Apple ad.

DakarĀ²
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 9, 2007, 04:41 PM

The iPod saved my marriage.

papadopolis
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2007, 10:18 PM

i had a bet with a friend back in january when they would and i said in the first week of april and that is what i thought that they were going to announce with EMI (like to announce our 100 millionth iPod we will be selling DRM free music that is what i thought when i read about it that sunday) and i called my friend and was telling him how i won the bet the next day he called me and made fun of me but its all kool i was VERY close! if not right

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2007, 10:57 PM

bought time!! I've bought like 9 of them so I feel we all could've done our fair share and stepped up to help them meet their goal.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2007, 10:49 AM

I knew it would be a success, but had no idea it would be the icon it has become. It's really reshaped Apple and brought them back into the limelight.

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2007, 11:17 AM

iPod brought me back into music. Along with iTunes, iPod prompted me to start looking for new artists and hunting down old songs I hadn't heard in forever. The incredible ease of use that Apple brings to the table made it fun to shop for and listen to music again.

I was so tired of the attitude in record shops, of listening to hours of worthless radio crap to hear maybe a song or two I liked, and having to buy a whole CD when all I wanted was a song or two (I had grown up with singles, after all).

99 cents a song wrapped in a sleek, easy-to-use player, brought me back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules