Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Dark Leather Wallpaper for VMs

Dark Leather Wallpaper for VMs
cgc
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2010, 08:38 AM

I found a cool dark leather background I wanted to use within my virtual machines so I edited it and added logos from various distros. Since I've used quite a few variants of Linux and use Windows I thought I'd make a few versions of the wallpaper. I still use a CRT so I did them in 5:4 format but modified it to 16:10 for those with LCDs. The original PhotoShop file is attached (though I used Pixelmator and Gimp) and includes all logos as layers along with a 1280x1024 (5:4) background layer and a 1920x1200 (16:10) layer. Here's a sample of what is in each archive though each archive contains the following wallpapers: Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Mint, OpenSuse, Ubuntu, and Windows. Make sure you DL the correct screen ratio. Let me know if you'd like something added. Enjoy.

Wallpapers in 5:4 (9.7MB)

Wallpapers in 16:10 (15.7MB)
Original Layered Image (.psd) (25.9MB)

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 6, 2010, 05:41 PM

The logos don't do anything for me but I really like the plain version! Thanks!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Forum Links
Forum Rules