Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Contacts screw up

Contacts screw up
jeff k
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2014, 02:10 AM

Two months ago I moved over from Outlook to mail.

I successfully got all my 400 contacts from Outlook to my laptop contacts. I activated the cloud and waited for the desktop contacts to populate to 400. But only 300 populated.

Why icould did not populate the desktop to 400 I still have no idea. I could not solve this, so I so just manually put the 400 on the desktop and thought everything after that was fine — especially since the current count matches perfectly between desktop and laptop. (476 each)

But, alas, I just got my first iphone, and low and behold, the iphone contact has only 300. Which shows that 100 never really made it to the icloud. Where those othere 100 are in the universe I have no idea. But they are on the laptop/ desktop, but now are different, and never synched.

In short, what I need to do now, is export (from either the desktop lets say), 476 current , clear/ delete everything from the cloud, and then import the 476 to the cloud and then all devices will hopefully be happy and synced. ( I may want to clear also the laptop also, and hope it populates perfectly from the cloud)

Honestly, I have no idea how to do this, and unless someone is very conversant here, I'll probably end up having to do a genius bar appointment -- especially since I was so let down by icloud in the first place which got me in this mess. thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules