Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > when printing with graphic apps like Adobe... (color management)

when printing with graphic apps like Adobe... (color management)
nycdunz
Senior User
Jul 19, 2006, 11:54 PM

should you let Adobe handle the color management and turn off the printer's built in one, or let the printer handle it? Which one is more accurate?

Thorzdad
Jul 20, 2006, 11:52 AM

Do you have a color profile for the printer? Generally, if you have a printer profile, you should let the system handle the color management.

nycdunz  (op)
Senior User
Jul 20, 2006, 05:33 PM

well my printer is the canon i950, and i dont see any profiles for it, but yet i see a bunch for like the other models such as s900, i850, and so on, everything except for the i950. Instead it defaults to a BJ 2000 profile of some sort.

So I should let photoshop handle the color then and turn it off in my printer?

Thorzdad
Jul 20, 2006, 05:56 PM

You might try the i850 profile, just for chuckles. Often manufacturers will use a single profile over an entire line of printers.

Try turning off color management in the printer and let the system handle it. When I say "system" I am referring to OSX's built-in color management. Photoshop doesn't actually do the management.

Forum Links
Forum Rules