Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Phyllis Schlafly

Phyllis Schlafly
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 22, 2011, 09:49 PM

I would have bumped the Conservapedia thread with this, but that thread is too old...

It is no wonder that the Conservapedia is what it is if genetics play a part on its existence, as apparently the creator's Mom is about 10 times bat shit crazier than he:

Beverly Willett: 'Feminists Love Divorce!'

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2011, 10:16 PM

This is true. But at least the family makes good beer so they can't be all bad.

OAW

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I would have bumped the Conservapedia thread with this, but that thread is too old...

It is no wonder that the Conservapedia is what it is if genetics play a part on its existence, as apparently the creator's Mom is about 10 times bat shit crazier than he:

Beverly Willett: 'Feminists Love Divorce!'
So... she's batshit crazy because you disagree with her? What do you disagree about specifically? How do you know feminists don't love divorce? Have they authored specific pieces decrying fatherless homes? Have they authored studies or given speeches or given you any indication at all that they believe marriage is good for women or that divorce is bad?

I suppose your conclusion qualifies as rule 8 compliance, but IMO - barely.
ebuddy

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2011, 09:52 PM

She has a few good ideas, but loses them amidst all her generalizations about what women want. But she totally lost me when she said that no-fault divorce was a bad thing. I agree that couples should generally put more thought into it before getting married, but if the State is going to allow divorce it shouldn't have to force one party to badmouth the other to get it.

I also looked her up on Wikipedia, and given her admiration for marriage-for-life I was not surprised to find that she is Catholic. I guess she forgot that not everyone in America is. How common is the concept of Divorce in other Christian denominations? I was under the impression that it was only really Catholics who didn't like it all that much, but I could be mistaken.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2011, 10:17 PM

Did you read the webpage ebuddy?

Forum Links
Forum Rules