Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Problem with MobileMe Syncing-Calendar

Problem with MobileMe Syncing-Calendar
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2008, 09:53 PM

I purchased a new iPhone 3G and before I set it up I wanted to make sure I had MobileMe fully set up and syncing. I used .mac previously but hadn't synced anything for the last month.
I went through the setup and have MobileMe syncing working. My email is syncing fine and it appears the Contacts seem to be syncing. The problem is my iCal won't sync.
I have everything set up in my MobileMe preferences to sync ical, contacts, bookmarks, etc. I have it set up for automatic syncing but have done manual syncing. Unfortunately when I log in to MobileMe and view the calendar it still has the calendar from around a month ago.
When I started using MobileMe again I wanted to start over so I actually unregistered my MBP, set up and registered MobileMe again and then selected to replace all data on MobileMe with what's on my computer.
I have also added some additional calendars to iCal which it also is not syncing. Does anyone know why MobileMe is syncing all my items but just not my calendar and how I can fix this? I use the calendar heavily and actually at this time am just using my iPhone as a phone and not syncing yet with iTunes since I don't want to develop any additional problems when I use the calendar on the go. My fiancee has a MBP and also got the iPhone 3G and MobileMe and is having no problem at all like this.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2008, 09:30 AM

You might try unregistering again, but before re-registering and choosing to replace everything on the server, you can "delete all unsynced info" from the MobileMe web interface. I can't find the link now -- it might only be presented as an option if no devices are synced.

You might also re-start your computer -- I was having trouble getting a sync going because one of the sync processes that runs in the background was hung. you can check Console when you try to do a sync and see what sort of messages it spits out, but re-starting did it for me.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2008, 10:46 AM

Similar problem to the OP. Have done all the same troubleshooting, but cannot get the calendar at all on MobilMe. Before the troubleshooting, I would just get the spinning pinwheel. After troubleshooting, I get the message that MobileMe is unable to show my calendar. Any ideas on that?
Mary

Forum Links
Forum Rules