Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Scanner with Automatic Photo/Document Feeder

Scanner with Automatic Photo/Document Feeder
selowitch
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2008, 12:57 PM

I'd love to take advantage of the dropping prices on scanners and pick one up. I don't want the latest model because I'm looking for a bargain. The two features I would love best are 1) some way to feed more than one photo at a time in some semi-automatic way; and 2) connectivity via Ethernet as well as USB. Mac compatibility is also, of course, a necessity. I imagine some of the cheap all-in-ones at there can do this to some degree. Anybody have particular recommendations?

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2008, 10:51 AM

A caution -- I had a brother MFC and it worked beautifully! Documents fed just right, etc. However, I tried to load photos into the feeder, and though they fed, they often got three or four pulled at a time, making me have to go back and check to see which ones did not scan, then rescan each one. Also, I could only load about 10 photos at a time, so it really slowed me down. For photos, I went to a Canon flatbed scanner (LiDE 60) and the software that comes with it allowed for "multi'scan". I could scan however many photos would fit on the platen and they would each scan to its own photo file. Worked out being much faster for me.

Your mileage may vary.
Mary

selowitch  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
For photos, I went to a Canon flatbed scanner (LiDE 60) and the software that comes with it allowed for "multi'scan". I could scan however many photos would fit on the platen and they would each scan to its own photo file. Worked out being much faster for me.
Is there a slide-in tray for holding your photos in place when using the multiscan feature?

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2008, 12:01 PM

No, you just place them on the glass, lower the top and scan.
Mary

selowitch  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
No, you just place them on the glass, lower the top and scan.
I think I'd prefer a guide so the photos go in straight.

Forum Links
Forum Rules