Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What Gives The BEST Buzz?

What Gives The BEST Buzz? (Page 2)
scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Got a friend that owns a distillery and a winery. He makes all sorts of things, absinthe is one of them.
Wha? Does he do this for a living? More info!

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2007, 09:16 PM

I've always been your average drinker although in my salad days (20-24 years old) I was quite the lush--I could put away a bottle of Tanqueray in a couple of hours. I think I've smoked weed about 6 times in my life; It always put me to sleep. I smoked hash twice and loved it. I've got an older friend who has done opium and he has been promising me a trip to Turkey for a long time to smoke up. Now it's just wine and beer--Drug testing is part of the job when you work for the federal government.

Although, I would have to agree with whoever said a couple beers after long day of hot, hard work. Sitting on the patio with a Belgian white or a Heifeweissen is just about the best thing imaginable.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

natnabour
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2007, 12:59 AM

for me....

redbull & vodka
or
captain morgan & coke
OR
white russian

two of any of those drinks will have me HAPPY buzzin in nooo time. it's sad that i'm extremely lightweight. but at least i don't spend loads of $$$ just to get a buzz goin.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 06:05 AM

One "bullet" = one balloon, "bullets" are conventionally used to fill pressurised cannisters (whippy cream and such like), it is illegal to accept payment for Nitrous Oxide (although only if you know your customers will use it for drug abuse), other than that it's completely legal
Get pulled over by the police and see how legal it is.
and is still regularly used in hospitals and such like (obviously).
Um, so is dilaudid.
IMO stress at work and fertilisers in food will do me more long-term damage than a couple of ballooons at a festival once in a while.
I agree with you here. a COUPLE ONCE in awhile wont hurt you. It's just known as "hippy crack" for a reason.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 06:10 AM

[QUOTE=dcmacdaddy;3463121I think I've smoked weed about 6 times in my life; It always put me to sleep. I smoked hash twice and loved it.
[/quote]
You'd think hash would put you to sleep as well. AS they are basically the same thing.
I've got an older friend who has done opium and he has been promising me a trip to Turkey for a long time to smoke up.
I'd shy away from it unless you plan on doing it ONCE. Opium is very addictive ya know and stuff.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2007, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
I've always been your average drinker although in my salad days (20-24 years old) I was quite the lush--I could put away a bottle of Tanqueray in a couple of hours. I think I've smoked weed about 6 times in my life; It always put me to sleep. I smoked hash twice and loved it. I've got an older friend who has done opium and he has been promising me a trip to Turkey for a long time to smoke up. Now it's just wine and beer--Drug testing is part of the job when you work for the federal government.

Although, I would have to agree with whoever said a couple beers after long day of hot, hard work. Sitting on the patio with a Belgian white or a Heifeweissen is just about the best thing imaginable.
]
Billy Hayes is caught attempting to smuggle drugs out of Turkey. The Turkish courts decide to make an example of him, sentencing him to more than 30 years in prison. Hayes has two opportunities for release: the appeals made by his lawyer, his family, and the American government, or the "Midnight Express".
This story is from the San Fransisco Chronicle on the movie "Midnight Express:"
We all got the wrong message from 'Midnight Express'

Mention that you're planning a trip to Turkey, and there's a good chance you'll get a reaction like the one I got from a friend the other day.

"Didn't you see that movie?'' he said, shuddering visibly. "You know -- 'Midnight Express?' "

Ah, "Midnight Express." In the history of cinema, has any film done more to blacken a nation's reputation among travelers? Even today, a quarter of a century after its release, I still hear people cite it as a reason for steering clear of Turkey.

For those who missed it, the movie is based on the true story of Billy Hayes, a young American caught trying to smuggle 4 1/2 pounds of hashish out of Turkey in 1970. Thrown into a hellhole of a Turkish prison, he's tortured by sadistic guards, betrayed by corrupt lawyers and toyed with by capricious judges before he finally escapes. I rented it again the other night, and the 1978 movie, with its Oliver Stone screenplay, holds up as a masterful piece of filmmaking. It's a nail-biter, every bit as harrowing as I remembered.

There's no doubt the movie is a chilling and powerful cautionary tale, but here's the thing: Most viewers come away with the wrong message. That's not just my view -- it's the opinion of Hayes himself.

"The message of "Midnight Express' isn't 'Don't go to Turkey,' " he told me. "It's 'Don't be an idiot like I was, and try to smuggle drugs.' "

Hayes, now 56, lives in Los Angeles, where he works in the entertainment industry. He recently made his directorial debut with the indie film "Cock & Bull Story," but he'll always be known as the guy behind "Midnight Express."
Peace Corps Online | January 7, 2004 - Peace Corps Online: Turkey RPCV David Bloch was Consular Officer to Billie Hays of Midnight Express
( Last edited by abe; Aug 23, 2007 at 06:48 AM. )

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 06:50 AM

Get pulled over by the police and see how legal it is.
I've discussed many a drug with many a police officer as I'm mates with one or two 'bobbies', if I was pulled over in the UK with Nitrous Oxide, I would be just fine:

"What's that for?"
"It's Nitrous Oxide for refilling containers..."
"Why do you have balloons then?"
"I'm off to a party."
"Oh."

It's just known as "hippy crack" for a reason.
Fair enough, can we recognise that alcohol can be known as "wife beater" or "frenzy juice" too though?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by JonoMarshall View Post
I've discussed many a drug with many a police officer as I'm mates with one or two 'bobbies', if I was pulled over in the UK with Nitrous Oxide, I would be just fine:

"What's that for?"
"I'm off to a party."
"Oh."
Oh the UK, didn't realize you lived there. But like I said, I am not sure they would respond the way you think. Esp knowledgeable ones.
Fair enough, can we recognise that alcohol can be known as "wife beater" or "frenzy juice" too though?
Wouldn't bother me.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 08:10 AM

"What's that for?"
"I'm off to a party."
"Oh."
Oh the UK, didn't realize you lived there. But like I said, I am not sure they would respond the way you think. Esp knowledgeable ones.
Wouldn't bother me.

On a side note, I knew a cop that had his own "pot field test" to test to see if what was in the bag was pot or oregano. He said he'd first crush up it all in the bag while it was in his hands. ANd the turn it upside down. If it blew away with the wind (Of course it would... being crushed up and all" it was "oregano" and if dropped to the floor, it was pot. It would always scatter in the wind, and therefor always be "oregano" and therefore no one got in trouble.

He'd do this to most everyone he caught with pot. He said "They were out $50 or so bucks, but no one ever complained"

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 08:48 AM

On a side note, I knew a cop that had his own "pot field test" to test to see if what was in the bag was pot or oregano. He said he'd first crush up it all in the bag while it was in his hands. ANd the turn it upside down. If it blew away with the wind (Of course it would... being crushed up and all" it was "oregano" and if dropped to the floor, it was pot. It would always scatter in the wind, and therefor always be "oregano" and therefore no one got in trouble.
Genius.

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 08:52 AM

I am not sure they would respond the way you think.
Even if you were caught inhaling a balloon with some mates chanting "we love the balloons, lets inhale more balloons", it would be near impossibe under the current UK law to get into alot of trouble. Recreational use is illegal, but difficult to nail down and sale/possession for non-inhalant use is completely legal (any quantity) for adults over the age of 18.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 09:08 AM

Even if you were caught inhaling a balloon with some mates chanting "we love the balloons, lets inhale more balloons", it would be near impossibe under the current UK law to get into alot of trouble.
I never said in a lot of trouble.

Heck in Ohio you can have up to almost 3 ounces of weed on you and get what amounts to basically a speeding ticket. That doesn't mean it's "legal" just because it's no longer a felony.
Recreational use is illegal, but difficult to nail down and sale/possession for non-inhalant use is completely legal (any quantity) for adults over the age of 18.
If a cop catches you inhaling Nitrous they can arrest you in other words.

Just like any other drug. Here in the states, unless you have valid reasons to have such a thing, it is known as abuse. Esp if you have a cracker and balloons with you.

For example, what I said about the pot laws is true. But if you have any smoking device, papers, or anything of the like THAT is a felony. Having the actual pot is a misdemeanor. Having a bowl or a pack of papers is a felony.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 09:10 AM

Genius.
I was thinking more along the lines of "fair cop"

He didn't believe in busting kids with a small amount of dope. Esp if they weren't acting like punks.

He says 95% of the time those that have went to jail or got busted for weed around here got busted for either A. lying. B. acting like a punk C. having Lbs of pot on them (Distributing has steeper laws)

PB2K
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2007, 09:12 AM

throw an icecube in boiling water ! HAHAHAHA IT MELTS
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 09:17 AM

If a cop catches you inhaling Nitrous they can arrest you in other words.
They can indeed. Although every weekend the square outside my appartment (Shoreditch, London) will be full of 'clicker' users, the police watch on?

Anyway, enough of the derail, back to the buzzzzzz...

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 09:19 AM

throw an icecube in boiling water ! HAHAHAHA IT MELTS
Did anyone use to play with bicarb and vinegar? That stepped kitchen games up a notch...

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 09:19 AM

[add] I made a ultrasonic cleaner from scratch once to use to clean pot smoking bowls out of [/add]

Saw the schematics and layout in an old "Electronics Now" magazine. It wasn't easy to make, and etching the copper board was teh biggest PITA. I'd still have it right now if it wasn't for my ex destroying it after she saw a note in my chest to a gal named "Angie" Well she thought it as recent (We have a close friend named angie) and she thought I was writing her love letters. When it came to fact that it was an old letter I sent to an old gf 10 years earlier (Even had the date....)

I might make one again... those suckers clean stuff like nobodies business. And I want to really clean my tremolo block.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 23, 2007, 09:20 AM

They can indeed. Although every weekend the square outside my appartment (Shoreditch, London) will be full of 'clicker' users, the police watch on?

Anyway, enough of the derail, back to the buzzzzzz...
The police watch it happen? Then they aren't very good police officers.

Finding them is one thing. Being caught in the act is another.

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 09:33 AM

Yep, they see it happening (you can easily hear it) but don't do anything? Briefed, busy or ignorant... I'm not sure?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 23, 2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
For example, what I said about the pot laws is true. But if you have any smoking device, papers, or anything of the like THAT is a felony. Having the actual pot is a misdemeanor. Having a bowl or a pack of papers is a felony.
Quite silly. It's like having a rolled up dollar bill and an 8-ball of coke....and getting busted for the dollar.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2007, 10:06 AM

Drug laws in this country are fantastic.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2007, 12:30 PM

"What's that for?"
"I'm off to a party."
"Oh."

Have you ever known women who WANTED to be beaten? I have. It was how they were raised.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 23, 2007, 02:50 PM

If Nitrous is hippy crack than booze is jock crack.

I've seen 10x more f**ked up sh!t having to do with drunk people than any other drug.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 23, 2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
If Nitrous is hippy crack than booze is jock crack.

I've seen 10x more f**ked up sh!t having to do with drunk people than any other drug.
Well what drug is more socially popular and easily available?

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2007, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Television? [/fake social commentary]

Rumor
Aug 23, 2007, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
McDonalds?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
In your opinion, what gives the BEST Buzz?
Unpacking new Mac hardware

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Andy8 View Post
Unpacking new Mac hardware
We have a winner.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 23, 2007, 04:33 PM

SteveNotes.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 23, 2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
We have a winner.
Nerd.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2007, 07:29 PM

Ecstasy can be ok on occasion, so can a little crack/cocaine. Don't want to get addicted to either though, nasty addictions.

Oh, and of course martinis are great for the legal buzz!

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2007, 03:14 AM

Television? [/fake social commentary]
Why fake?

It may be the rightest thing you've said in the time I've noticed your postings.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 24, 2007, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
Ecstasy can be ok on occasion,
Have never tried it.
so can a little crack/cocaine.
Oh come on...
How do you think people become addicted? They don't make a decision to do so.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
Why fake?

It may be the rightest thing you've said in the time I've noticed your postings.
Because I'm not that uptight.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 24, 2007, 08:34 AM

Because I'm not that uptight.
What does that have to do about being uptight?

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 24, 2007, 08:57 AM

How do you think people become addicted? They don't make a decision to do so.
Depends, usually the person has to be in a low/unrewarding place, it's not as if you can't get perspetive going about your 'normal' everyday life?!? As Bill Hicks would say...

I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day.
But then, (considering Hicks health and all). I guess it's better to be over-cautious in general, it's a difficult line to draw...

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 24, 2007, 09:08 AM

Depends, usually the person has to be in a low/unrewarding place, it's not as if you can't get perspetive going about your 'normal' everyday life?!? As Bill Hicks would say...
I am saying not one addict out there made a choice to become one. No one has said "Ok, today I am going to start to become a crackhead"

It starts with gradual usage. Then the monkey forms and starts yelling at you telling you "Oh you're not an addict, smoking it two days in a row wont hurt you" then the 3rd day you don't do any, but it's in the back of your mind all the time and the 4th day comes around and you say "Well I didn't do any yesterday and I was "fine" so I'm not addicted and can do some today"

This cycle keeps going till you become addicted. Esp with crack. Some people it takes awhile for the addiction to really grab them, some I've seen selling their TVs the same day they smoked their first crack rock. People respond to it differently. But continual recreational usage will more than likely lead to addiction. And telling someone that smoking crack once in awhile is ok is reckless.
What you may be able to do, others may not. I wont touch the stuff cause I "know theyself" I know I'd like it too much. Same with needles, wont mess with them. I know I'd like it too much. And I know I'd keep making excuses and say "It's ok once in awhile..."

It not only effects you, but those in your life as well.

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 24, 2007, 09:23 AM

Agreed, I satisfied my crack curiousity by reading "A Million Little Pieces", but I see crack, smack and meth as the top end of the scale (read: not in this lifetime).

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2007, 09:30 PM

What does that have to do about being uptight?

That was what I was thinking, too!

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 26, 2007, 06:50 AM

And now I think about it, he may be onto something. I've seen people with the every TV on in their house on but no one is watching any of them.

I'd call that an addiction.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 26, 2007, 09:52 PM

And now I think about it, he may be onto something. I've seen people with the every TV on in their house on but no one is watching any of them.

I'd call that an addiction.
It's like having TV IV therapy.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2007, 05:18 PM

I am saying not one addict out there made a choice to become one. No one has said "Ok, today I am going to start to become a crackhead"

It starts with gradual usage. Then the monkey forms and starts yelling at you telling you "Oh you're not an addict, smoking it two days in a row wont hurt you" then the 3rd day you don't do any, but it's in the back of your mind all the time and the 4th day comes around and you say "Well I didn't do any yesterday and I was "fine" so I'm not addicted and can do some today"

This cycle keeps going till you become addicted. Esp with crack. Some people it takes awhile for the addiction to really grab them, some I've seen selling their TVs the same day they smoked their first crack rock. People respond to it differently. But continual recreational usage will more than likely lead to addiction. And telling someone that smoking crack once in awhile is ok is reckless.
What you may be able to do, others may not. I wont touch the stuff cause I "know theyself" I know I'd like it too much. Same with needles, wont mess with them. I know I'd like it too much. And I know I'd keep making excuses and say "It's ok once in awhile..."

It not only effects you, but those in your life as well.
Wait a sec... Don't you smoke weed? You can't condone one addictive drug and despise another, that would be hypocritical.

If I like a crack high once in awhile, that's my option. This thread was about 'The best buzz' after all, which I feel crack does have one of the best buzzes you can get from a drug.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2007, 09:41 PM

He used to smoke a lot and now he doesn't.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2007, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
He used to smoke a lot and now he doesn't.
I used to smoke a lot and now doesn't, too/neither.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2007, 03:36 AM

Ecstasy is probably one of the best drug there is, buzzwise. Just a nice, happy euphoria that lasts for hours and leaves you with a nice "afterglow" instead of a hangover.

But, and there's always a but, ecstasy WILL temporarily screw with your chemical balance. The following week can put you on an emotional roller coaster you might not be prepared for. As with any drugs (and this especially goes for alcohol), make sure that you are a well screwed together individual before trying it.

(most) Drugs + Emotional instability = Disaster.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Aug 28, 2007, 04:09 AM

QFT

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 28, 2007, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
Wait a sec... Don't you smoke weed? You can't condone one addictive drug and despise another, that would be hypocritical.
I SMOKED weed. I've done the coke, opiate, LSD, etc thing many times as well. Been through rehab etc.
If I like a crack high once in awhile, that's my option. This thread was about 'The best buzz' after all, which I feel crack does have one of the best buzzes you can get from a drug.
If you had just said "CracK" I'd not have said anything. But you said

"Ecstasy can be ok on occasion, so can a little crack/cocaine."

crack isn't known as a "occasional" drug. And telling people that it's "ok on occasion" is very bad because it might get someone to try it out that otherwise would not have. "Well if km says it's ok... they must be lying to me about crack!!" Then the next thing you know, someone is wheeling out their large screen TV cause their ass is broke from buying crack.

I've seen such a thing happen within a days time of someone trying crack.

Crack is definitely not a experimental drug. MOST people get hooked first hit. Then you go throughout your life, anytime you smell that smell you start craving...

But keep on experimenting with it km. One day it will grab you and you'll understand what I am talking about.

And this isn't coming from a non-taking novice that has never touched drugs either.
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
QFTx2

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2007, 12:18 PM

I distance myself from anyone who says that they've smoked crack. It's not that they are bad people...but like Kevin said, I don't want them robbing my sh!t in a cracked-out frenzy.

Once someone says "I smoked crack a month ago" my brain instantly puts them on ignore.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2007, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Ecstasy is probably one of the best drug there is, buzzwise. Just a nice, happy euphoria that lasts for hours and leaves you with a nice "afterglow" instead of a hangover.

But, and there's always a but, ecstasy WILL temporarily screw with your chemical balance. The following week can put you on an emotional roller coaster you might not be prepared for. As with any drugs (and this especially goes for alcohol), make sure that you are a well screwed together individual before trying it.

That's the problem I have with ALL illegal drugs.

Show me a kid who doesn't think he or she is mentally well screwed together.

Drug Dealer: I only sell drugs to mentally well screwed together kids.

Kid: I'm mentally well screwed together.

Drug Dealer: Ok. Give me the money.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2007, 12:39 PM

I SMOKED weed. I've done the coke, opiate, LSD, etc thing many times as well. Been through rehab etc.

If you had just said "CracK" I'd not have said anything. But you said

"Ecstasy can be ok on occasion, so can a little crack/cocaine."

crack isn't known as a "occasional" drug. And telling people that it's "ok on occasion" is very bad because it might get someone to try it out that otherwise would not have. "Well if km says it's ok... they must be lying to me about crack!!" Then the next thing you know, someone is wheeling out their large screen TV cause their ass is broke from buying crack.

I've seen such a thing happen within a days time of someone trying crack.

Crack is definitely not a experimental drug. MOST people get hooked first hit. Then you go throughout your life, anytime you smell that smell you start craving...

But keep on experimenting with it km. One day it will grab you and you'll understand what I am talking about.

And this isn't coming from a non-taking novice that has never touched drugs either.

QFTx2

Forum Links
Forum Rules