Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacIntel Powerbook Concept

MacIntel Powerbook Concept
Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2005, 09:36 PM

I know these pics are pretty old, but they'd make a damn fine model for the intel based Powerbooks, especially with the built in iSite he's thrown in there.

I could do without the pen/touchscreen thing he's got going on, and i like the idea of built in memorystick/SD card slots. The design is pretty sweet and retains that powerbook pro look and feel, and if were really in lala land, throw in one of those OLED keyboards everyones on about, too cool

Pretty amazing how close he was to the latest iMac revision when you look at the rest of his site (the hiMac concept), he's got some skillz this cat!

redheadfred
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2005, 11:30 PM

hmmm...I don't know. At first glance, I'm not feelin it. the whole gap at the bottom of the screen just doesn't seem right. while a tablet would be awesome, I'm not sure how it would integrate in a regular powerbook.

time will tell...

Spook E  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 12:01 AM

i think it would be sweet to carry the thing around by the handle bit at the bottom, like one of those old japanese sony vaios.

touch screes are pretty poor and i doubt that i'd use it at all if it were implemented.

Jacob
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2005, 12:23 AM

Nice concept design, what's the website link?

cryer
Jul 25, 2005, 12:27 AM

i think the sharp corners make it feel too cold and sterile.. just me maybe. although i do like the design more than not like it

Link
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2005, 12:33 AM

Looks like a sony. Me dunlike.
Aloha

Spook E  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 08:04 AM

website is www.applele.com , heaps of other cool concepts on there, but i just looooove this one

i think the sharp corners give it a certain, mmmmm, yeah coldness is probably the right word, like its so cool it hurts very futuristic and out there, and being sony like isnt that bad a thing. it could look like nintendo made it, that would be a shocker!

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2005, 08:26 AM

Not feelin the gap either... And why is the trackpad HUGE? Its almost the size of the optical drive unit..
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

euphras
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2005, 10:14 AM

And why is the trackpad HUGE? Its almost the size of the optical drive unit..
graphic tablet integrated, so everyone can use inkwell?!!!

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

vtgts500kw
Jul 26, 2005, 12:20 AM

thats what the pen will be for, probably handwriting recognition or somethng, and tablet function.

trevorM
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2005, 12:46 AM

Looks like a PeeCee
Apple Powermac G5: Dual 1.85GHz | 80Gb System | 3Gb Ram | GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL | BT | Airport | Apple 30" Cinema HD Display Apple Powerbook AL G4: 12" | 1.5Ghz | 60b System | 1.25Gb Ram | Airport | BT Other: Airport Express | Airport Extreme | TiG4 PB 800Mhz | 20" iMac G5 w/ built in iSight | Swivel Screen iMac G4 800Mhz | iPod Mini | iPod Nano | Maxtor One Touch 250GB | Sony Ericsson T630

trevorM
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2005, 12:48 AM

This is nice though:

Sorta following the Bang and Olufsen Design

Apple Powermac G5: Dual 1.85GHz | 80Gb System | 3Gb Ram | GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL | BT | Airport | Apple 30" Cinema HD Display Apple Powerbook AL G4: 12" | 1.5Ghz | 60b System | 1.25Gb Ram | Airport | BT Other: Airport Express | Airport Extreme | TiG4 PB 800Mhz | 20" iMac G5 w/ built in iSight | Swivel Screen iMac G4 800Mhz | iPod Mini | iPod Nano | Maxtor One Touch 250GB | Sony Ericsson T630

Forum Links
Forum Rules