Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Please Help! PB 1ghz

Please Help! PB 1ghz
Mohammed Al-Sabah
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2003, 05:52 PM

Hey all,

I got a TiPB 1ghz hmm about 2-3 months ago, in the last hmm 1-3 weeks my screen gets screwd up while moving the PB around, or sometimes while doing nothing what so ever.. i get lines and wierd colors and tones... not sure what is causing this ... any ideas? to fix the screen i close and re open the screen .. sometimes even tapping slowly on the sides work . got the PB from canada and i am egypt now.... so not sure if i should take it to a local apple rep or just wait till i go back to canada to chk it out.. any feed back would be gr8

Mohammed Al-Sabah
[email protected]

spaced
Forum Regular
Apr 4, 2003, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Mohammed Al-Sabah:
Hey all,

I got a TiPB 1ghz hmm about 2-3 months ago, in the last hmm 1-3 weeks my screen gets screwd up while moving the PB around, or sometimes while doing nothing what so ever.. i get lines and wierd colors and tones... not sure what is causing this ... any ideas? to fix the screen i close and re open the screen .. sometimes even tapping slowly on the sides work . got the PB from canada and i am egypt now.... so not sure if i should take it to a local apple rep or just wait till i go back to canada to chk it out.. any feed back would be gr8

Mohammed Al-Sabah
[email protected]
It's most likely either your graphics controller or the cable to the LCD panel... I've not heard of any instances where the LCD would malfunction and produce "lines and weird colors and tones" but I may be wrong if I am misinterpreting your description. The best thing to do, in my opinion, would be to take it to an Apple authorized service provider for repair.

Mohammed Al-Sabah  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2003, 06:34 PM

THX gonna check and see if there are any apple dealers here in cairo, egypt if not ill just wait till i go back to canada in the next month or so... anyone else have this problem?

Powerbook G4 1ghz SD 1gb ram

Mohammed Al-Sabah  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2003, 11:15 AM

hmm no one has or see this problem before?

still waiting on a apple rep to get back to me...

inEarNest
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2003, 03:13 PM

I've read some other forums where people have similar problems. Check out these threads and one link to the apple forums. This may help you diagnose what's going on. Good luck!

thread 1

thread 2

thread 3

Apple forum

-sae
"Oh, I get it...It's very clever. How's that working out for you...being clever?"

Mohammed Al-Sabah  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by inEarNest:
I've read some other forums where people have similar problems. Check out these threads and one link to the apple forums. This may help you diagnose what's going on. Good luck!

thread 1

thread 2

thread 3

Apple forum

-sae

thx sooo much for the info!!! ill find out soon what i really have .... heheheheheh found a local apple reseller that is close to me!

Mohammed Al-Sabah  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2003, 09:09 AM

hey all!!!,,

thx all for your help!! well just took my pb to a apple auth dealer.. i think they fixed the prob but the guy told me to try it out today and see how things go .... hope it lasts!!! so far it works fine!

PBAddict
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2003, 10:02 AM

Sounds like the problem I had on my Pismo. The Problem is that the connector cable can occasionally get trapped on the hinges and then damaged. Mine would have anywhere between 1 and 10 black vertical lines on the lefthand side.

I am afraid you are going to have to send it back to apple. As only 3 months hold the warranty will cover it.

I got mine fixed out of warrant, GBP 280, by Apple. Now all fine but it is a pain.

Mohammed Al-Sabah  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2003, 02:55 PM

crap got the lines again!!!!!!!!! man! this really sucks

well ill be going to canada soon for a week ill take it with me and see if they would replace it or fix it or something!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules