Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > DL0 Transpod FM transmitter - questions

DL0 Transpod FM transmitter - questions
Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2005, 01:03 PM

I just received the DL0 Transpod FM transmitter as an early holidy present. I believe it is mainly for use with the Shuffle, but can be used with any iPod/MP3 player as far as I know. The Shuffle plugs in via USB, while others can plug in using a standard 2.5mm headphone jack.

The quality of the sound via the USB on the Shuffle is subpar. If you hook it up via the 2.5mm headphone jack, it is much better. Why is this?

Oh yeah, I am keeping the DL0, because it will work with the black 30gb iPod Video that I also got as an early holiday present.....via a 2.5mm to 2.5mm cable that I found at Best Buy. Sounds awesome in my car.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 15, 2005, 04:49 PM

Are you talking about this device?

As far as I can tell, the USB-connector's line out should be cleaner than the headphone jack's out put. How you're getting bad audio out of it is a puzzler.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2005, 07:52 PM

Yep, that is the exact item. I have no idea why the sound on my Shuffle is so bad using the USB connection. I tried it with the same MP3 3 different times, Shuffle via USB, Shuffle via 2.5mm headphone jack and same MP3 via 30gb iPod video with 2.5mm headphone connection. It sounded very quiet with the USB connection, and muffled. I switch it around, and it is much clearer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules