Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > New IMAC user...I need help...

New IMAC user...I need help...
dragoneye1978
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2004, 09:06 PM

I can't watch videos from web sites...or recive pictures in my emails...I can't even play any games on line...like pogo.com. What am I doing wrong...do I have to download something?
To get respect you must earn
respect

Krusty
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2004, 09:46 PM

Gotta be a little more specific, chieferoo ... Next you'll be telling us you can't run exes

discotronic
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by dragoneye1978:
I can't watch videos from web sites...or recive pictures in my emails...I can't even play any games on line...like pogo.com. What am I doing wrong...do I have to download something?
What Mac do you own and what version OS are you running?
What kind of videos are your trying to watch?
What email program are you using?
Give as much info as you can.

dragoneye1978  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2004, 09:13 AM

Ok...I don't know much about computers so I'll try my best...I have an IMAC, thats all I know...It has OS 9.2, and I am running AOL 5.0, thats all I could get to work. When I open my mail, it says, "a special picture icon in your new mail list indicates that an E-mail contains a picture." Then when I open the mail, it says stuff like...<blahblahpicblah>...and I know that a pic is suposed to be there. Also, When I go to places like, MYV.com I try to watch a video or listen to music and it tells me that it can't find some program...This IMAC is about 2-3 years old...What can I do?
respect

Mac_Guy15
Mar 11, 2004, 11:25 AM

Well you probably dont have windows media player for mac, you have to DL that and sometimes it works with windows sites like using wav. or etc... I forget the names. I also suggest you get Panther 10.3

discotronic
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 08:36 PM

I tried the MTV site. You need Real Player to watch videos. I don't know much about AOL. I have heard many complaints about not being able to open pics and attachments. Try looking on AOL's site for troubleshooting info. It looks like version 5 is the newest version for OS 9.

Here is a link to Real Player for OS 9:

http://proforma.real.com/real/player...p_file_dl=true

I found this on the pogo.com site:

Pogo now requires that you use a fairly recent browser for your Mac in order to play Pogo games. Please make sure that you're using either Netscape 5.0 (or newer) or Internet Explorer 4.5 (or newer) for your Mac. If you're using any other browser, you need to switch or upgrade the browser.

If you're using Netscape 5 or Internet Explorer 5 and are still getting this error, there isn�t much you can do to fix it. This is a bug with the Pogo system that we need to investigate and fix. We�ll do everything we can to get this resolved, but it may take a while for us to do that.

If you have one of those browsers you might try downloading an alternative web browser like Mozilla or Opera (I think there is a version for OS). Hope this helps.

dragoneye1978  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2004, 09:02 PM

Thanks everyone.
respect

Forum Links
Forum Rules