Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Nonsense - HELP!

iTunes Nonsense - HELP!
Bubble Girl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2005, 06:30 AM

Hi there,

Some gremlins seem to have taken over my iTunes interface and music library and have changed all the fonts to some alien hyroglyphics! I opened the application and every song and interface font is unreadable.

I have tried re-installing iTunes three times but nothing changes. All that's happened is now all my songs are in the library instead of in playlists - which has made things more difficult if I'm trying to find a particular song. If I highlight the song, it comes up in English but that doesn't really solve the problem.

Can anyone please help? I use iTunes everyday as part of my job. This is crucial that this is fixed.

Help!

Lisa

Randman
Posting Junkie
Apr 8, 2005, 06:43 AM

Quit iTunes. Do a search for iTunes (Apple F). Find iTunes.plist and trash it. Empty trash and reopen iTunes, going through everything again.

If that doesn't work, maybe post some screenshots.

Have you enabled any themes or played around with Silk? TinkerTool? What language are you using?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Bubble Girl  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2005, 06:51 AM

how do i get a screenshot? mac literate but never had much use for that.

i have tried all that you suggest. is there any way of altering the language preferences in iTunes? I've looked but couldn't find.

keep 'em coming!

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 8, 2005, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by Bubble Girl:
how do i get a screenshot?
⌘⇧3 for the whole screen
⌘⇧4 for a selected area

Does iTunes work correctly in another user? Create a new test user account if you don't have another user yet.

Did you recently turn off fonts in FontBook?

Forum Links
Forum Rules