Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > export i chat picture towards adress book

export i chat picture towards adress book
dished
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2002, 06:24 PM

hello
drag & drop between the 2 applications do not work. When I click on "info" in i chat I can't do anything ! and on adress book when I click on the pic, it opens HD. But I chat picture is not on the HD !

After read all the help, I thought this could be a good way: my friend do (on adress book) display profile, then export the V card , save on the desktop, then send it by I chat in order to have the pic on the HD !
But the big problem, is that when I receive the V card (VCF), i chat tell me "exception unvalid NS invalid argument exception, and then: a document must have a preffered files name before it can be add as the document of another document"

so i really think it's not possible ! no one in france has found the answer ! unless a cool american give it to me !
thanx
Fabian from Nice

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2002, 07:13 PM

If you want to use someone's AIM icon in your Address Book, look for the correct file in a subfolder of ~/Library/Caches/AIM. You can open the files in there with Graphic Converter or Preview.

I've had trouble accepting vcard transfers through AIM, too. I have no idea why, though; I once got 400mb worth of files from a guy with no problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules