Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Radioshark - Increase signal strength?

Radioshark - Increase signal strength?
jmousseau44
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2005, 02:25 AM

Hello, I was wondering if any other RS users out there have problems with lower freq. radio stations on both the FM/AM bands. Is there any way to fix this? I see the unit has an external headphone jack. Is there any kind of external antenna for this? I love this thing just wish I could get a better signal on some stations.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jason

davidwsica
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2005, 07:51 AM

From Griffin site:

Can you connect an external antenna to radioSHARK?

Yes. The radioSHARK has a headphone jack on the back that doubles as an external antenna port. Usually plugging in an audio extension cable or even a pair of headphones to this port will help provide better reception. Griffin currently does not provide any external antenna with the radioSHARK at this time.

I've tried to plug some ipod headphones into the port and it does seem to help a bit but I like a little better reception also. I'm trying to get a better signal on an AM NPR station but it's still is producing a bit more static than I'd like.

David

Forum Links
Forum Rules