Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > double display setup

double display setup
Madrag
Senior User
Nov 22, 2005, 02:45 PM

hello all,

I've now officially entered the double display club and would like to hear some of you opinions regarding the aspects of this kind of setup:

1. How do you position your displays?
(I mean, do you place them side by side, facing forward, or do you turn them slightly so that they create an inverted V)

2. How do you position yourself?
Do you place yourself in front of one and turn your head into the other, or in front of the middle of the two?

3. Which one is the best to have the menu?

4. what's the best use for display #2?

This is a way to gather your experience in this subject and will help me choose the way to work with both displays.

chefpastry
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2005, 03:22 PM

I no longer have a dual display setup, but when I did... I had both monitors set up facing forward, side-by-side. I basically had the left monitor in front of me and the right monitor to the right of me. This is because I had the menu bar on the left monitor.

Obviously, the main advantage to dual dislpays are the screen real estate. Less overlapping windows.

In the end, I gave up my two 22" CRTs for a 23" LCD becaue of all the room it took up.

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 22, 2005, 05:16 PM

I have dual Dell 24's. I have mine in a slight v and I sit more in front of the left one. I use the extra right one more for overflow and for the other inputs.

I am about to make a change. I am thinking of putting the left dead in front of me flat and the right one next to it angled to me.

I have even found a great adjustable dual display stand that clamps to the rear of my desk that will give me back a little space under them. It should also enable me to better position them for my use.
- TiBook 867mhz
- Rev. A Dual 2.0ghz PowerMac G5, 3 Gigs Ram, Dual Dell 24" displays.
- Imac G4 20" with 1 Gig of ram

Madrag  (op)
Senior User
Nov 23, 2005, 08:24 AM

I would also like to use the left for the menu, but unfortunately, I haven't got enough space on the table on the back, to fit the CRT, so I'm using the LCD on the left...

I would like to have the LCD as the second because of the preview...

Well, I'll do that when I get the second LCD and ditch the CRT.

Forum Links
Forum Rules