Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Migration assistant

Migration assistant
offtheroad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 13, 2009, 04:17 PM

I have 2 internal HD with OS's on both of them. Can I use migration assistant to just copy over all the CS4 app's only to the other internal HD? I don't think I can use copy copy cloner to just copy thru CS4 only. Any thoughts

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2009, 05:50 PM

No you can't easily since Migration assistant only allows you to select certain things to copy over, applications, user settings, documents etc. The CS4 apps are in applications, which you can copy, but also installed are thousands of supporting files, some in your user library and others elsewhere The only way to copy them over and have them work is to copy everything, and even then CS apps are ones that will usually ask to be re registered after a migration. You'll need to dig out your original install disks to do it properly.

Forum Links
Forum Rules