Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Museum Of Media History

The Museum Of Media History
Komisar
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2004, 09:55 PM

A cool video my friend sent me http://www.letitblog.com/epic/ (don't worry it wasn't doaster )

demograph68
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2004, 02:28 AM

Very dark. Will it happen? I hope not. EPIC is the digital big brother in a way. Scary.

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2004, 10:34 AM

Yeah i never relized the relation ship with that and big brother in 1984 but in a way they are very much alike

nooon
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2004, 12:02 PM

Googlezon?

nah.

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2004, 12:21 PM

Googlezon. Give me a beak. The video comes across as a media junkie's wet dream.

busterhide
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2004, 04:36 PM

If the New York Times keeps getting caught making up stories, if you remember there little reorganization they made this past year they will go off line on their own. There subscription rates a not growing. As more people get there news by other means or multiple stories from numerous sources on the same subject individuals get the positive and the negative spin all at once and can form their own opinion. Getting all your information from one source limits you to one angle on any given story. That has caused numerous arguments and encourages a sheep mentality. The big boys at CBS and NBC are stepping down. There is definitely a trend of change on how we get our news. It looks like we are going away from big brother not towards it. There was a mantra that information is power. The world is changing and changing for the good. It will not be information is power it will be knowage is power. For the folks that can discern information and form their own opinion the world will be their oyster, for the sheep who have a hard time following any story, well they will be mighty confused.

spatterson
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2004, 12:51 PM

I don't know if I just wasted my time or just gained a huge insight in what could possibly be our future. Very dark

brapper
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2004, 01:03 PM

interesting indeed.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2004, 03:34 PM

winston smith.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2004, 07:32 PM

eeenteresting........

Super Nova
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2004, 12:15 AM

googlezon....haha..... it does seem like some reporter's strange attempt to get attention but something similar to that probably will happen. This reporter obviously was chasing the dragons in this one.

Googlezon.... haha

SuperNova

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2004, 11:47 AM

The biggest flaw in googlezon is that any schmoe with a blog is considered news. Which means news can be and is made up. No self-respecting media outlet would allow blogs to be reported as "news".

It's an interesting read... err, watch, but a little bit too far fetched for me.

There are debates now that google's caching ability violates copyrights since it stores copyrighted material. I think you can bypass it with a line of code in your web pages.

Free news on the net is fed by advertizing. Subscription only sites don't prosper as well.

I was waiting for it to say that "Googlezon bought Microsoft in 2015" and then the terminators were released killing all humans since software was created to read the news written by computers making humans obsolete." but it didn't happen.

Meanwhile, Apple's marketshare is at 0.5 percent and Mac users are the only ones aware of the problem.

Let the revolution begin!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2004, 11:57 AM

LOL, yes i agree it was far fetched!

Super Nova
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2004, 03:41 PM

far far fetched komisar....

Googlezon.....

SuperNova