Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Port Forwarding with built-in Airport Extreme Card in Mac Pro

Port Forwarding with built-in Airport Extreme Card in Mac Pro
MikeXRyan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2015, 11:13 PM

We are using a Mac Pro with built-in Airport Extreme card using Yosemite with a static IP address.

How exactly (step by step would be helpful) do I set up port forwarding using the above machine and the torrent application Transmission?

Yes yes, I know the security risks this is just for general knowledge on an upcoming exam. I know it is done at the router (airport extreme) but how do I access that and what steps do I undertake to set up an open port for forwarding?

The question being posed is: "The Torrent Client is not connectable and users are unable to directly connect. Explain the steps to solve this problem."

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 12, 2015, 06:51 AM

You configure the AirPort Extreme through the AirPort Utility. First, you need to become familiar with that utility - and what version you have is OS version dependent, so since the setup is with Yosemite, you need to look at AirPort Utility under Yosemite.

Now read this MacWorld article on port forwarding. There are a number of options that you should be aware of, in case your "test question" throws you a curve ball.

Good luck.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules