Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > NHL - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NHL - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs
olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2011, 02:07 PM

Did I miss the thread, or did no one make one?

It's playoffs already!

GO SHARKS!!!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 02:11 PM

We were waiting for the Sharks to get eliminated in the first round.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 02:17 PM

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 02:26 PM

I've got some beef with the Sharks. Serious internet hockey beef.

So the Sharks captain, Joe Thornton, hit David Perron with a blindside high hit resulting in a two-day suspension for Thornton and Perron missing the remaining 72 games of the season. Right now there is even doubt that he will ever return to play hockey again. His career could very well be over. After this hit, Sharks commentators and various members of the hockey media all claimed that Perron was embellishing the hit and his laying on the ice for a few minutes was all a show. Including the color commentator of the Sharks himself in his online blog.

Fast forward a few months and the Blues are now so riddled with injuries (mostly due to to Perron being knocked out by Thornton) that they started trying to sign older washed up NHL players playing in Russia to come over and help the team. Due to some old bullshit waiver rules, other teams get the chance to "steal" these guys off the waiver wire if you try and sign them. So guess what the SHARKS did? The very team that knocked out the Blues top scorer? They went and snagged up Kyle Wellwood ( a completely worthless washed up roleplayer) from the waiver wire to double screw the Blues. The Sharks, a team with 5 or 6 players all better then the single best Blues player. A team that practically looks like an All-Star team compared to the Blues, the very same ****ing team whose CAPTAIN knocked out the Blues top scorer for the entire year... goes and signs a worthless POS from the waiver wire stealing him away.

Now, I get that the NHL is a competitive league and that each team is looking out to win... but that's just low. lower then low. That's really crossing a line. It's downright unscrupulous in my mind. Terrible. Gutless.

So screw the Sharks. Screw Joe Thornton. I hope someone caves in his face. He should be drinking out of a straw for the rest of his life. Women and children should cry uncontrollably when they see the hole where his face should be. The grotesque pile of meat where his head used to be should forever be the symbol of the entire Sharks franchise. A tainted and low franchise of puppy-kicking wrong-doers.

Are there any articles about this in the media? Hell no. Everything is Crosby concussion this, Crosby concussion that.

What do you think the league-wide attitude would be if the exact same thing had happened, but Perron had knocked Thornton out for 72+ games?

Every single wah wah concussion article about Crosby would be a wah wah Crosby/Thornton article. The league would have probably banned hitting by now. Players would all be wearing pillows on their heads and wearing Thornton patches on their arms. Perron would forever be branded as a cheap shot artist. People would throw trash on him in the street. He would be getting death threats. Sharks fans would probably join together in some sort of massive crybaby sissy suicide pact. The whining would never stop. EVER. Ever ever. This would still be being discussed daily in the league.

But because it was superstar Thronton on his fancy pants playoff team knocking out a relatively unknown player from a sucky midwest team, it's become a complete non-story. Screw that. Thornton is a LOW DOWN cheap shot artist and the Sharks are a scum organization filled with slimy *********s for signing Kyle Wellwood off waivers.

Screw them all. I hate them. HATE.
( Last edited by ort888; Apr 18, 2011 at 02:35 PM. )

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2011, 02:53 PM

I watched the video from all angles, and I agree with the game commentator's assessment: it was not a blind-side hit. Thornton stepped in front of Perron, who was simply not paying attention.

I agree that it was a high hit, and I hate to see any player get seriously hurt. However, Thornton is 6'4", he's a veteran player, and team captain, I don't believe for a second that it was an intentional high hit.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 02:59 PM

I know that hockey is a violent sport and that stuff happens.

I have more of a problem with Sharks media, NHL media, the Sharks organization for claiming Wellwood, and snarky comments from Thornton about other peoples suspensions.

How would you feel if Perron knocked Thornton out for 72 games and possibly his entire career? I have a feeling you might be a bit upset about it. I bet your entire attitude about the event would be radically different.

Have fun in the playoffs... and be thankful that the captain of a team run by immoral jerks didn't knock out your top scorer for the year.
( Last edited by ort888; Apr 18, 2011 at 03:09 PM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2011, 04:17 PM

Rule #1, you watch your ass and listen for the goalie hitting the ice. If you fail to do this you'll be picking up your teeth. They know this, it's been drilled into them since they were kids.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 04:45 PM

Blaming the victim. Classy.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 04:53 PM

Sabretooth asks you to kindly stop disturbing the peace.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 05:22 PM

Go Canucks Go!
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Apr 18, 2011, 08:22 PM

A little late for predictions as we are 2/3 games into each series but i will post them anyway, just for a starting point for round two

Canucks v. Blackhawks - Canucks in 5
Wings v. Coyotes - Wings in 4
Kings v. Sharks - Sharks in 6
Preds v. Ducks - Ducks in 7

Caps v Rangers - Caps in 6
Habs v Bruins - Habs in 5
Sabres v Flyers - Sabres in 7
Lighting v Pens - Pens in 6

Lets go Pens!

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Apr 18, 2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
We were waiting for the Sharks to get eliminated in the first round.
Don't be such a downer!
They will lose in the second round for sure

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Blaming the victim. Classy.
Yup, he was an idiot for skating around with his head stuck in his ass.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 10:35 PM

Well, not everyone can be as perfect as you are.

Surely this 21 year old kid deserves to possibly have his entire career end because he dared to stand in the way of a precious perfect Sharks player with his head down.

I guess Thornton wasn't so much suspended by the league but rather was given an awesome mini-vacation for removing such an idiot from the league forever. Thanks Joe!
( Last edited by ort888; Apr 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2011, 10:57 PM

Well, not everyone can be as perfect as you are.
There's that, I suppose. Even I can hear a goalie slapping the ice 40' away.
Surely this 20 year old kid deserves to possibly have his entire career end because he dared to stand in the way of a precious perfect Sharks player with his head down.
I couldn't care less about the Sharks' player, getting checked when receiving the puck is part of the game. It's like a WR going over the middle in football, you watch for the LB or SS or you wake up looking out the ear hole in your helmet.
I guess Thornton wasn't so much suspended by the league but rather was given an awesome mini-vacation for removing such an idiot from the league forever. Thanks Joe!
I was just thinking we need more melodrama around here, the place has been dead for over a year now. The latest reports say he'll be back next year, and I bet he'll be a lot more inclined towards keeping his head down.
- Thomas Paine

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2011, 11:07 PM

No, actually the latest reports are that he is still suffering from post-concussion syndrome, and hasn't done a single bit of exercise in the last 6 months because of it. No one knows when he will be back, if he will be back or if he will be the same when he comes back.

I agree that this was an unfortunate hockey hit and that **** happens. I thought Thornton deserved the suspension. And he served it, and that's that... I know that he's not a cheapshot artist and didn't actually mean to seriously hurt the kid. That said, I will always hate him forever, because that's how it works.

It's the sort of thing that happens in a split second on the ice. I don't think anyone involved meant for it to come out like it did.

I am honestly more annoyed at the Sharks office for signing Wellwood off the waiver wire. It's was a serious low blow. Really really scummy. And that's not a split second on ice decision. That was some calculated cold behavior. How crappy can you honestly be as an organization to do something like that? It's like stealing from cancer kids.

And Jamie Baker. Screw him too. He's just like you, blaming the whole thing on Perron. Calling him a faker and a coward. Blaming EVERYONE but Thornton. This man is an employee of the San Jose Sharks and writes for their actual website. What a colossal scumbag. I don't care that he issued a retraction the following week. He's a douche. Every stupid blog he writes from her on out should end with him begging for forgiveness for his terrible behavior.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 12:04 AM

My bet is on the Canucks winning the cup, not just because they are my team but historical odds are good as well. Montreal hosts the Summer Olympics in 76 and in 77 the Canadians win the cup. Calgary hosts the Winter Olympics in 88 and in 89 they win the cup. Vancouver hosted the Winter Olympics in 2010. If they play the entire playoffs like they played the regular season I see it happening.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 06:23 AM

Sigh. Everyone I know from Vancouver has posted that useless figure. It has nothing to do with "historical odds" in the slightest.

Number of Stanley Cup championships by Canadian teams from 1984-1990: all of them
Number of Stanley Cup championships by Canadian teams from 1976-1979: all of them (Canadiens)

Look, Canadian hockey teams were just really good back then. And, there were no salary caps. It's a completely stupid fact that makes my head hurt when someone from Vancouver repeats it with a dumb look on their face.

Having said all that: the Canucks have been building a contender for 3 years now and they have the best shot of anyone to take it. My money's on them.

It just has nothing to do with the Olympics.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

freudling
Banned
Apr 19, 2011, 07:06 AM

They've always been the Vancouver Cannots, but hey, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

GO CANUCKS GO! GO CANUCKS GO!

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Sigh. Everyone I know from Vancouver has posted that useless figure. It has nothing to do with "historical odds" in the slightest.

Number of Stanley Cup championships by Canadian teams from 1984-1990: all of them
Number of Stanley Cup championships by Canadian teams from 1976-1979: all of them (Canadiens)

Look, Canadian hockey teams were just really good back then. And, there were no salary caps. It's a completely stupid fact that makes my head hurt when someone from Vancouver repeats it with a dumb look on their face.

Having said all that: the Canucks have been building a contender for 3 years now and they have the best shot of anyone to take it. My money's on them.

It just has nothing to do with the Olympics.
I dunno, a good number of the Canucks where in the Olympics for a few different countries and one of the side effects of that is additional training and support from the national sports funds. Psychologically im sure there is a bonus effect mentally coming from the gold medal win in Hockey as well.

Bet is Canucks will lose tonight just to get one more home game for the extra revenue of a sold out home game.

Demonhood
Administrator
Apr 19, 2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post

GO SHARKS!!!
I'm afraid I'm going to have to counter that with a GO KINGS!

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Athens View Post
I dunno, a good number of the Canucks where in the Olympics for a few different countries and one of the side effects of that is additional training and support from the national sports funds. Psychologically im sure there is a bonus effect mentally coming from the gold medal win in Hockey as well.
1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Luongo was the only Canadian to win a gold medal last year. And he didn't play terribly well. And he didn't play terribly well after the Olympics, either.

2. Your best players (Sedins) were on the Swedish team that by all accounts bombed to a 5th-place finish, after winning the previous Olympics. To be clear: this fact does not help your "argument."

3. If you think professional hockey players get "additional training" and "support from national sports funds" then it's conclusive proof you have a screw loose. You are are that these athletes now make millions a year, right? You think the Sedins are doing so well because Sweden gave them $25,000 in Olympic spending or something?

4. Olympic training and funding comes before the Olympics. If your argument is correct one would've not expected the Canucks' Olympic players to flame out in such disappointing fashion in last playoffs after the Olympics, wouldn't one think?

5. I am optimistic you'll fail to put your tail between your legs and continue to provide the wonderful opportunity for me to shred your illogical statements. Thank you in advance.

Bet is Canucks will lose tonight just to get one more home game for the extra revenue of a sold out home game.
6. Stop it. Just...stop. My head hurts from the stupidity of what you're writing.

greg

olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to have to counter that with a GO KINGS!
I'm going to have to counter that with the coolest introduction of any NHL team. I mean, what do you guys skate under? A tiara?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 03:40 PM

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Luongo was the only Canadian to win a gold medal last year. And he didn't play terribly well. And he didn't play terribly well after the Olympics, either.

2. Your best players (Sedins) were on the Swedish team that by all accounts bombed to a 5th-place finish, after winning the previous Olympics. To be clear: this fact does not help your "argument."

3. If you think professional hockey players get "additional training" and "support from national sports funds" then it's conclusive proof you have a screw loose. You are are that these athletes now make millions a year, right? You think the Sedins are doing so well because Sweden gave them $25,000 in Olympic spending or something?

4. Olympic training and funding comes before the Olympics. If your argument is correct one would've not expected the Canucks' Olympic players to flame out in such disappointing fashion in last playoffs after the Olympics, wouldn't one think?

5. I am optimistic you'll fail to put your tail between your legs and continue to provide the wonderful opportunity for me to shred your illogical statements. Thank you in advance.

6. Stop it. Just...stop. My head hurts from the stupidity of what you're writing.

greg
Dude save it for the POL, Yes Luongo is the only Gold Medal winner from the team and as many will confirm the Canucks problem year after year was goal tending in the playoffs. It was inconsistent which is different this year around it is being consistent. And he played well in the Olympics and has been playing exceptionally well since winning the Jennings Trophy this year. The players along with the city are still experiencing a Olympic high from last year so yes I think there is a Psychologically effect from that. Regardless of what you think is stupid or not, the fact is the trend is there in plain sight for Canadian teams. The last 2 Olympics hosted in Canada the host cities Hockey team won the Stanley cup the next season. So its a valid statement and you can rant as much as you want about it being illogical and stupid I don't care.

BTW 3 games in the bag, tonights game in Chicago. Each home game is worth 3 Million. Its economics. They will lose tonight to play game 5 in Vancouver to maximize profits. Its still a business in the end.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 03:51 PM

3 games ≠ consistency.

And no team loses on purpose. Especially to the defending Stanley Cup champs. The players don't care about revenue. They would rather rest... and not worry about getting hurt in additional games. It's such a silly notion that it's almost not even worth discussing.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 03:53 PM

The best way to get more home games is to get to the next round. And anyway, winning the Stanley Cup ultimately gets your franchise a lot more money than a few extra playoff games.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Apr 19, 2011, 05:53 PM

Since the Stars narrowly missed the playoffs (eeeggggghhhhh...), I'm throwing my eggs in the Vancouver basket. Those guys just don't get the appropriate amount of love, and it'd be nice to throw it in the NHL's face, even though they're probably right in thinking it would be a ratings disaster.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 06:16 PM

Vancouver doesn't get the proper amount of love??? I'd say the exact opposite is true.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Apr 19, 2011, 06:30 PM

Nah!

They get the proper amount of love from die-hard hockey circles, but from the networks, and every US hockey fan? Nope.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 06:54 PM

A lot of teams don't get enough love. I would say Vancouver is fine on the local front. The two biggest die hard markets is a tie between Vancouver and Detroit. Vancouver's local market is crazy, over 350 Consecutive sellouts since 2002 which is one of the longest and largest streaks in professional sport in North America. . Even if you exclude the scalpers and the corporate tickets that are not always used every game fan numbers of actual attendance is rank number 1 as well.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2011, 10:47 PM

Like I said, pissed away the game for a 5th and home game. That was the most ugly game I have ever seen. I dont remember ever seeing 5 people in a penalty box at the same time or any pair of people being tossed out of a game just for talking to each other as a preemptive move to settle things down. Ugly all the way.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2011, 01:55 AM

That was a hell of a Shark comeback. 2 to go.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2011, 08:02 AM

A lot of teams don't get enough love. I would say Vancouver is fine on the local front. The two biggest die hard markets is a tie between Vancouver and Detroit. Vancouver's local market is crazy, over 350 Consecutive sellouts since 2002 which is one of the longest and largest streaks in professional sport in North America. . Even if you exclude the scalpers and the corporate tickets that are not always used every game fan numbers of actual attendance is rank number 1 as well.
I submit to you, "Montreal". And "Toronto". Those are die-hard markets. Nothing wrong with the Canucks on that front, but they simply don't have the imposing history and tradition.

Like I said, pissed away the game for a 5th and home game. That was the most ugly game I have ever seen. I dont remember ever seeing 5 people in a penalty box at the same time or any pair of people being tossed out of a game just for talking to each other as a preemptive move to settle things down. Ugly all the way.
I bet on Chicago - took the over and made some good money - but if you really think the Canucks deliberately pissed away the game then I honestly believe you don't know anything about professional sports.

What they had was a "mental letdown" - up 3-0 and against a team with an important returning player - and got caught coasting. To suggest that the players somehow conspired together to make the owners more money...it's laughable, really. Suggest that to any pro athlete and you'd probably get a punch in the face.

greg

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2011, 11:31 AM

I submit to you, "Montreal". And "Toronto". Those are die-hard markets. Nothing wrong with the Canucks on that front, but they simply don't have the imposing history and tradition.
All the Canadian markets are die hard except Ottawa

I bet on Chicago - took the over and made some good money - but if you really think the Canucks deliberately pissed away the game then I honestly believe you don't know anything about professional sports.
I did too And if you watch the player interviews after the game you can really tell they never intended to win. Daniel was almost smirking, no one was upset all saying the same thing. I stand by my statement about economics. They really didn't try at all in the game.

What they had was a "mental letdown" - up 3-0 and against a team with an important returning player - and got caught coasting. To suggest that the players somehow conspired together to make the owners more money...it's laughable, really. Suggest that to any pro athlete and you'd probably get a punch in the face.

greg
LOL the players don't conspire together to make the owners more money, the owners and management tells them too. Its a business first and foremost.

olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2011, 12:11 PM

Last night's game:

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2011, 01:22 PM

LOL the players don't conspire together to make the owners more money, the owners and management tells them too. Its a business first and foremost.
Ahhh okay.

And I suppose you have some evidence of this, right? Former players have come out and said "the GM came into our locker room and told us to lose?" Players who've been traded away under poor circumstances have said "the coach told us to throw this game"?

Or is this all One Big Secret that pro athletes and sports owners have been keeping from us for the past couple decades?

Sigh.

"Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid."

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2011, 03:35 PM

go flyers!

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2011, 06:12 AM

I'm still numb that the yotes got swept. By the Red Wings. And might have played their last game ever tonight.

Vancouver is good, but they got to pad their stats against the likes of Colorado, Edmonton, and Minnesota. All of the Pacific teams beat up on each other all season, I think any of them can give the nucks a run for their money. I'm pulling for anyone that plays a Canadian team. Keep the cup where it belongs, in America.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer View Post
I'm still numb that the yotes got swept. By the Red Wings. And might have played their last game ever tonight.

Vancouver is good, but they got to pad their stats against the likes of Colorado, Edmonton, and Minnesota. All of the Pacific teams beat up on each other all season, I think any of them can give the nucks a run for their money. I'm pulling for anyone that plays a Canadian team. Keep the cup where it belongs, in America.

Belongs in Canada.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2011, 05:14 PM

Miller!!!

It is unfortunate that the Sabres can't seem to win without him delivering a shut out.

Also, Charles Krauthammer to Kimmo Timonen: don't touch Nathan Gerbe's junk.
( Last edited by SpaceMonkey; Apr 21, 2011 at 05:25 PM. )

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2011, 08:12 PM

CAPITALS!!!!!!

What a comeback. We'll win this series on Saturday and rest up to face Montreal in Semis.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2011, 11:24 PM

Vancouver has to be feeling great about all that home game revenue about now, huh?

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2011, 09:50 AM

Well all right. It looks like the Hawks decided to make it a series after all. I'm not convinced they can pull this out, but at least they've made it fun to watch them try!

Here's hoping Vancouver gets exactly one more game of home revenue. Go Hawks!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 23, 2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Miller!!!

It is unfortunate that the Sabres can't seem to win without him delivering a shut out.
Well, I got my wish. But it looks like Pominville, one of their best players so far in the series, is done. Ugh.

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2011, 12:40 PM

Best quote I heard on TV this morning: 'Blackhawks lead series 2 games to 3.' It could still all end tomorrow, but that's got to be how Vancouver is feeling right now. Hilarious.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2011, 11:51 PM

snort

Hey man, two games worth of home game revenue!! Good move Canucks.

You want to know how much I hate the Canucks? Enough that I'm rooting for the mother****ing Blackhawks in this series. That really means a lot.

freudling
Banned
Apr 25, 2011, 03:36 AM

Canucks = Cannots.

So sick of hearing, every year, that "this is the year!"

Canucks suck, always have. They've never been a playoff team.

Smart money's on the Hawks for game 7.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2011, 07:17 AM

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd once again we have the traditional exodus of bandwagon Canucks fans from BC, jumping off that wagon when things get rough.

Hilariously typical.

greg

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2011, 03:25 PM

snort

Hey man, two games worth of home game revenue!! Good move Canucks.

You want to know how much I hate the Canucks? Enough that I'm rooting for the mother****ing Blackhawks in this series. That really means a lot.
Out of mild curiousity - why?

They've built a good team out there. Great depth with a very nice mix of draft picks and free agent signings. No obvious holes except for the large one caused by injury to the underrated Manny Malhotra. There's not much you can do about that sort of freak injury, but I think they're paying dearly for it right now.

They're really a likeable, well-built team. Why the hate?

greg

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2011, 04:34 PM

Why the hate for the Canucks? Well, first of all, I hate every Western Conference team that isn't the St. Louis Blues. There are a lot of levels of hate, but the Canucks are right there toward the top.

Why? Well, I'm passionate about a few things, and one of those things is hockey. Specifically Blues hockey. I've been a die hard fan since the late 80s, and in that time I've seen the Vancouver Canucks deliver three soul-crushing first round defeats to my favorite hockey team. That's plenty right there, but I'm also very active on many Blues and/or hockey forums and have been for as about long as internet forums have existed. In my experience, (besides the Red Wings) there is no fanbase that is as obnoxious, arrogant and trollish as Vancouver Canucks fans. They swarm in on any message board and act like complete *********s. Even the ones that aren't actually trolls are generally obnoxious.

Now, trust me that I fully understand that not every Vancouver fan is like this, and that you shouldn't let a few bad apples taint your view of everyone... but there are at least 30-40 anonymous scumbags sitting in their mom's basement in Vancouver somewhere who are complete jerkoffs... and I want them to feel emotional pain. Screw them. Whatever causes them the most mental anguish is what I want. I don't care about all the normal fans. Every team has nice normal fans and annoying fans. But the Vancouver douche-fans have made it personal and they can choke on their own arrogance.
( Last edited by ort888; Apr 25, 2011 at 04:40 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules