Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Outlook Express Rules/Filters??

Outlook Express Rules/Filters??
vjamacaddict
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2005, 08:27 PM

I am having problems trying to figure out how to set the "Rules" in Outlook Express 5.0.6, in order to filter out as much spam and junk e-mail as possible.

I have figured out how to filter out some of the good mail into individual folders in OutLook. If I create a separate "Rule" for each spam word, some of the junk mail will be filtered into the JUNK BOX uning that Rule. For example" Rule D = "Discount," then some/most of the junk mail with the word "Discount" will be filtered by the Rule D. With some words, that doesn't seem to be working though.

Is there a way to create Rules in Outlook similar to MacMail, where you can type in a long list of words in just one Rule, to filter out junk mail with those words?

In MacMail I have created separate Rules for each letter of the alphabet (for junk/spam), which is working great!! I have almost no e-mail arriving into my InBox in MacMail, because all mail is being correctly filtered into the appropriate folders. Any suggestions on how I can create more effective filters in OutLook Express???

vjamacaddict
-- PowerMac 7300/500
-- OS 9.1, Outlook Express
-- vjamacaddict

Forum Links
Forum Rules