Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple bluetooth mouse trouble

Apple bluetooth mouse trouble
finknottle
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 9, 2004, 07:34 PM

I am using the bluetooth apple mouse with the latest bluetooth software update (1.5 I think). I changed the batteries the other day and since then while the mouse is showing full power levels (changed the batteries again anyway) and is clicking, the mouse pointer isn't moving?! I have restarted the iBook, tried the mouse on an iMac with the older bluetooth software and always get the same result - the mouse will 'click' but the pointer will not move.
What should I do? is there anything I can do to remedy this or do I need to send it back?
Thanks in advance!

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2004, 10:44 PM

i had this exact problem

i could turn on the track pad of my powerbook and move the pointer with that and use bluetooth mouse to click.

the bluetooth mouse would pair perfectly fine with the powerbook.

i took it to an apple store and they took out another mouse, paired it, it worked fine, and then they gave me a new mouse. the new one has been working perfectly fine. using it right now.

btw. i was just using mine the day i got it and it died. i was in garageband, i clicked, and after that it never moved again.

Riemann Zeta
Feb 12, 2004, 02:51 AM

I think that the BT upgrade 1.5 is fundamentally flawed. My Apple BT keyboard worked fine up until the update, now it is MIA and not coming back--I have been unable to repair, despite (1) upgrading the firmware, (2) reinstalling the stand-alone BT upgrade and (3) repairing premissions. 1.5.1 is a must.
God is just a statistic...

Forum Links
Forum Rules