Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetooth 1.5 screwed Logitech BT Keyboard+MX900 solution up

Bluetooth 1.5 screwed Logitech BT Keyboard+MX900 solution up
Samanoske
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2004, 06:07 PM

Hi,

today I bought a Bluetooth device because my super old Keyboard was quite dead and I wanted to sync my Sony Z600 as well. But whats that ?

After hooking up the keyboard and the mouse - the mouse was working and the keyboard special functions were not supported. Well to be honest the Volume wheel and other the mute button were workin outta the box.

THEN ! What a joke ... I installed the Bluetooth update 1.5 - the mouse stopped working and the keyboard got stripped down to a "normal" keyboard.

So not to talk about the planed sync with the cellular - everything failed and I'am kinda pissed off - the damn Bluetooth hub is not even recognised by OS X Panther - I invested so much money and the software is only ready for Windows. what a mess ....

for clearness; installed newest Logitech Drivers tried USB Overdrive (finds only the mouse) and --- arggggggg WTF!!!!!

can any1 tell me (us) how to downgrade 1.5 to 1.4 what eva ?

does any1 know whether those nice hardware will eva be available (in respect of FULL support) at the same time to the mac as they are offered for the Windows machines ?

what a joke .....
.- OS X aDDICTED -.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2004, 09:59 AM

While people have gotten some Logitech bluetooth stuff to work on the Mac, it is not (yet) officially supported by Logitech. If it doesn't work correctly, you can't get mad at either company.

If you want stuff that "just works," then you should stick to equipment that is officially supported by the company.

I'd love a Logitech Di Novo bluetooth keyboard system, but until its supported by official drivers, I wont waste the money.

Riemann Zeta
Feb 16, 2004, 11:22 AM

Just because one has an Apple keyboard does not mean that one is free of the BT 1.5 nightmare. BT 1.5 killed my keyboard--it will not re-pair despite every single possible troubleshooting solution. If your HW stops working with BT 1,5, I don't think it's the HW's problem, it's instead the fact that BT 1.5 is buggy as sh*t.
God is just a statistic...

Samanoske  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2004, 01:00 PM

ok,

thanx for your comments and yes in a way if not all features of that nice keyboard are supported that is a pity but you can not blame the company for that. As for this issue I wrote to logitech and got this reply :

----
Thank you for your enquiry.

As stated on the box it is only supported on Windows 2000 and XP, MacOS is
not supported at all and might not be for this product, and possibly future
generations of it. There might not be Mac Drivers, if this is a must you
should return the product to the dealer and request a refund.

Kind regards,
Devon Priemus
Logitech Europe SA technical support
-----

bizarrely enough is that the people who buy the most expensive computers should be the main target for the High-end Keyboard product-line - especially - the new 300 � DiNovo dezign ... well

As I said the Volume buttons work - till you install USB Overdrive, but then the mouse is nicely supported. All in all no problem, but I have to state here that Apples Bluetooth is f****d up and no way close to the "open" standard. Supporting their own devices (the ones come in the newer laptops and the D-link (wonder what deal that is)) only is not really what I expected from Apple ...

Well - still have hope that "very" soon the Logitech Bluetooth station will be integrated into OS X and maybe one day even the extra keyboard-buttons will be supported.

end of the dream to use the OS X Bluetooth "compatibility" for the next generation of wireless low-through-put devices. GG Apple
.- OS X aDDICTED -.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2004, 02:32 PM

The Logitech Wireless Duo MX is the identical mouse/keyboard with the exception of using plain-old RF instead of Bluetooth. Its fully driver supported and lists Mac compatibility on the box. Plus, its less expensive too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules