Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] Aqua Extreme and SmoothStripes updated

[ANN] Aqua Extreme and SmoothStripes updated
bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Jan 1, 2004, 01:25 PM

Major changes include Sunken Aqua variations, squared window corners and matching Safari skins. Get it all from Max Themes.

clam2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2004, 01:30 PM

very cool, thanks!

--will

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2004, 01:44 PM

Great stuff, thanks!

H * � �
Jan 1, 2004, 02:18 PM

I've been without a square cornered, no stripes, DLTA format ThemeChanger compatible theme since 10.3 was released.
Now I also have a themed login panel and time menu, things that can't be done with SS.
Thank you Max!

zachs
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 03:01 PM

Thank you! I've been waiting for Sunken Aqua since Panther came out. Great theme.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2004, 04:14 PM

Kick ass... sunken buttons are back!

unlinear
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2004, 08:39 PM

my kingdom for a safari skin that matches sunken Finder.

mmm. mmm. mmmmmm.

good stuff, max.

Kujo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 2, 2004, 05:08 AM

yes! been waiting this for a long time.. i would rather have it plastic like the finder toolbars but this is great none the less.

i need a stripes image to replace the brushed one... does anyone have one?

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Jan 2, 2004, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback!

wireframe
Jan 2, 2004, 09:00 AM

Very nice, the new buttons look much cleaner, more glass like. Once you use this, it's hard going back to widgets that stick right out at you.

Nice work.

bwahahax
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 01:14 PM

A really great theme, but I wish there was a version without the silver metal appearance.

brutal
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2004, 02:22 PM

Great theme Max!
The Safari bug is still there, but It doesn�t really matter since I�m running Safari in Aqua now. Looks great! Thanks for the Safari skin btw!

This is my all time favourite theme!

Dace
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 03:35 PM

Any chance of grey push-in iTunes buttons for the Finder? Instead of the Aqua buttons.

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Jan 2, 2004, 04:18 PM

It's not my intention to remove the Brushed Metal texture from Metal apps, that is a tradeoff with the current version of ShapeShifter. It allows you to make colored metal appearances, but it removes the texture. This will be fixed in the next update of SS.
So if you like the plain metal appearance, sorry, but it's was not my intention and it wont stay.

Dace- the Brushed theme have such buttons, you can easily combine the themes once it's released.

bwahahax
Forum Regular
Jan 2, 2004, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by bOOzo:
It's not my intention to remove the Brushed Metal texture from Metal apps, that is a tradeoff with the current version of ShapeShifter. It allows you to make colored metal appearances, but it removes the texture. This will be fixed in the next update of SS.
So if you like the plain metal appearance, sorry, but it's was not my intention and it wont stay.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was hoping for the elimination of metal altogether, like with your Milk theme.

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Jan 2, 2004, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by bwahahax:
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was hoping for the elimination of metal altogether, like with your Milk theme.
Aha ok. That's not one of my goals either, so to speak. I just want to improve upon Aqua and if I removed the Metal you would get inconsistencies with iTunes, Quicktime, iPhoto and iMovie.. But I'd recommend Metallifizer for a metal free appearance, once it's done.

Dace
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2004, 09:56 PM

Shouldn't your Finder buttons have blue behind the down arrow? Like in Jaguar.

I remember when you released Brushed in Jaguar, you left the blue on the white sunken plastic buttons even though I told you blue was only for pressed state. Now Panther has a metal Finder and Apple proved me right, no blue behind the down arrow (only for pressed state). Now you Aquafied the buttons and forgot to place back the blue behind the down arrow.

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

Kujo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2004, 01:54 AM

i actually put the old finder back in, i love the way the finder buttons look.

i am not complaining about this theme, trust me i love it.... but this is what i would like to have

but i need the image to replace the brushed one. does anyone have one?

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Jan 3, 2004, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Dace:
Shouldn't your Finder buttons have blue behind the down arrow? Like in Jaguar.

I remember when you released Brushed in Jaguar, you left the blue on the white sunken plastic buttons even though I told you blue was only for pressed state. Now Panther has a metal Finder and Apple proved me right, no blue behind the down arrow (only for pressed state). Now you Aquafied the buttons and forgot to place back the blue behind the down arrow.
I would have had blue behind the arrrow if the resources allowed me, but since there is only one regular state for Path and Gear buttons, they would still be blue if you chose Graphite.

I interpreted the plastic buttons, so to speak. Since apple use an blue edge for the regular buttons, why should plastic buttons be any different?

Forum Links
Forum Rules