Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Console/Run log no longer opens automatically

Console/Run log no longer opens automatically
Geobunny
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2007, 09:36 AM

Now whenever I build and run projects, the run log doesn't open automatically as it did before. It's annoying to have to go and open it every time I run some code, close it again to get it out of the way before making changes and then open it again after I've hit "build and run".

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to sort it?
ClamXav - the free virus scanner for Mac OS X | Geobunny learns to fly

black bear theory
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Geobunny View Post
Now whenever I build and run projects, the run log doesn't open automatically as it did before. It's annoying to have to go and open it every time I run some code, close it again to get it out of the way before making changes and then open it again after I've hit "build and run".

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to sort it?
i'm a little bit upset about this too. i used to use the all-in-one format for a java program and in pre-3.0, the build error warnings and run console were in the build section - very convenient especially since they automatically switched depending on what i was doing. now the console is in the debug section, so i have to switch twixt the two.

playing around with "condensed" view, but it doesn't seem to remember to open the console each time i open the project.

2.5 still works in leopard. could just use that instead of 3.0?
Earth First! we'll mine the other planets later.

Geobunny  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2007, 09:58 AM

Oops, seems I was a little hasty. There is a global preference for this setting but I wasn't seeing it because it's badly labelled and I wasn't equating "run log" with "debugger console" as it is now named.

Go to Xcode > Preferences > Debugging. Where it says "On start:" (whose bright idea was that label name?!) change the drop down menu from "Do Nothing" to whatever your choice is. Mine now says "Show Console", which does exactly what I want it to regardless of whether or not I'm actively debugging something.
ClamXav - the free virus scanner for Mac OS X | Geobunny learns to fly

Forum Links
Forum Rules