Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > "New Drug of Choice For Teens"

"New Drug of Choice For Teens"
Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2000, 11:40 PM

"Jacob's mom just thought her air conditioner had a leak when she had it refilled 5 times...little did she know Jacob was a freon junkie taking several doses, or 'hits' everyday - when his supply at home would run out, he would go over to the neighbors' air conditioner."

Quoted from a local news show. Sick s***.
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

kaceygones
Senior User
Nov 28, 2000, 11:53 PM

Now, that's scary.

If I survive motherhood, I can survive anything...
kacey

[This message has been edited by kaceygones (edited 11-29-2000).]

mac freak
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2000, 12:24 AM

Drug of choice for teens is still marijuana by a whole lot...

Most recent statistic says 2 of every 5 teens (or 40%) smoke pot.
Be happy.

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2000, 12:47 AM

"Jacob's mom just thought her air conditioner had a leak when she had it refilled 5 times...little did she know Jacob was a freon junkie taking several doses, or 'hits' everyday - when his supply at home would run out, he would go over to the neighbors' air conditioner."
That's huffing - old as the hills.

Don
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2000, 12:49 AM

I thought that new air conditioners didn't have freon. Is the new stuff equally huffable?
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

dinero68
Banned
Nov 29, 2000, 02:21 AM

I thought it was going to be Extascy. E is the drug of the future. It kicks ass, its non addictive, it lasts a while, and it doesnt hurt you if you take one pill every two weeks or so. I should be a dealer.

Ca$h

WDL
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2000, 02:22 AM

If some a$$ hole sucks the sh*t out of my air conditioner in hot weather,
the freon won't kill him - I will!

WDL

Feathers
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2000, 02:42 AM

LOL.

PS. Hi Koz, long time no hear!

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2000, 05:15 AM

I would rather inhale from a bottle of pure oxygen.

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2000, 05:53 AM

E does more than you known C$sh. Look at a brain scan. First time, and alters brain chemistry. Talk to my neice. Or ask me about MDA and the drugs we had.

How to you want your brain today, sunny side up or scrambled?

Gregory

Cipher13
Nov 29, 2000, 06:37 AM

Its not really the E that does that... its the impurities in it, like MDMA, and trace amounts of Heroin and so on.
If its poor quality, then it is dangerous.
Apart from that, its really only dangerous to those who have adverse reactions to it - such as the way Anna Woods, a 15 (?) year old girl who lived rather close to me, died. The MDMA caused the brain to release large amounts of ADH, causing the body to retain all water, and all the while she was drinking more and more...
She ended up drowning cause of the way it affected her.
Know what I mean?

bizzare
Nov 29, 2000, 08:26 AM

I say if you want to keep it safe, and have a good time; stick to Marijuana. The Drug Of Champions �

------------------

dymanohum
Nov 29, 2000, 11:35 AM

Trace amounts of heroin...you must be high, there is no way that anyone would put something as valuable as heroin in a mixture of mmda or mdma.

SillyPooh
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2000, 12:14 PM

I have family in the refrigeration business, I'm rich baby!!!

Hey Bizzard, nice signature... and you're a "forum moderator" now? Congrats!

Mr.Fear
Nov 29, 2000, 12:21 PM

Jeez, I remember back in the day we'd go to the supermarket, and suck back enough cans of whipped cream to do 5 Italian wedding cakes...

A 'whippit' we used to call it.

Mr.F

deedar
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2000, 02:29 PM

Cipher - MDMA - methylenedioxymethamphetamine IS Ecstacy. Also, I am at a loss to explain the presence of trace amounts of heroin in a MDMA preparation. Be that as it may, small amounts (of heroin) taken orally won't even reach your brain (its conjugated and rapidly excreted). Like nearly ALL other drugs, it IS dangerous when taken in a non-controlled environment and/or abused.

[This message has been edited by deedar (edited 11-29-2000).]

jaguarandi
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2000, 03:14 PM

Here's a local (for me, anyway) sniffing case: it was all over the news last night.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/kcra/20.../258074_6.html

If you haven't already, check out Dennis Leary's 'No Cure for Cancer' album. Nice skit on 'whippits', along with the infamous 'Marijuana leads to carpentry' angle on drug abuse.

//e

Ruby
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2000, 05:20 PM

Now kids are getting high from air conditioners?? Geez, I thought the whole "white out" thing was ridiculous.

------------------
Charity
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/albertwu/.Pictures/ichicks.gif[img]

bizzare
Nov 29, 2000, 05:56 PM

There's this village in Newfoundland full of kids who sniff gasoline. All day long they sniff gas until they passout, then they go sniff more gas.

------------------

eep!
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2000, 07:08 PM

In Neal Stephensons book snowcrash there's this cyborg guy called ng who's a freon junkie.
and, i didn't realise how many druggies there are on these boards
'Marijuana leads to carpentry' when i was in college there was a guy who used the weed and guess what, yeah, he's a carpenter...
and i went to school with a guy who inhaled petrol fumes...
hmm... maybe it's me?

jaguarandi
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2000, 07:19 PM

For the record, I do not advocate illicit drug use of any kind, and have personally never used a controlled substance outside of a Physician's prescribed capacity. If that doesn't sound like a presidential-caliber denial, then I don't know what is.

However, there were quite a few, er, 'users' where I went to college, and it was always fun trying to see them pass an exam on Monday morning after a weekend of too much weed/smack/e/whatever.

//e

Arty50
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2000, 09:52 PM

Well, I've pretty much quit doing anything. I haven't touched drugs since last February. I'm just not into them anymore.

X/E really scares the crud out of me. Deedar is right also. E=MDMA. This stuff has permanent effects on your brain. Also, a very good friend of my almost suffered the same fate as Anna Woods. She was in a coma in the hospital for 3 days because she drank too much water. Remember kids, X started out as a rave drug. The common held rule is that you have to drink a lot of water when you're on X. The problem is that this rule arose out of the club scene, where you sweat a lot and run the risk of dehydration. If you're not doing anything that involves physical exertion, then normal water intake is recommended. Several people have died because of drinking too much water.

My philosophy on drugs: If you're going to do anything, keep it natural. Don't do anything made in a lab, kitchen, basement, etc.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

roders
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2000, 12:23 AM

Since theres so many casual drug users on this forum, maybe Apple should build in a Joint holder and ashtray into it's machines

dinero68
Banned
Nov 30, 2000, 02:15 AM

I know some people who make pills, and the reason that Herion is stuck into E is because it speedsup the process, like a catalyst. I was thinking that was BS too, but, apparently, it isnt. Anyway, no, extascy will NOT hurt you, if you take ONE pill, and wait at LEAST 2 weeks before you take it again. Extascy itself isnt what makes you feel good.... all that chemical does is tell your brain to dump all the endorphins. Endorphins are released naturally when you are happy, or in love. Ex just releases them checmically, and since it is not natural, it dumps all of them at once, so your body is flooded with endorphins. That is not a harmful effect. The way people get HURT from it is when they take another pill. The chemical tells your brain to release more endorphins, and it doesnt have any left.....so... stuff gets stressed, and stuff breaks. HENCE. NEVER TAKE MORE THAN ONE PILL PER TWO WEEKS.

Anyway, I'm not condoning trying extascy to anyone, but if you are interested, it is very very cool. All of your senses are extremely altered (especially your sense of touch.... WARNING. Do not have sex on E. Apparently, it's SUPER SUPER SUPER good, so normal sex just doesnt cut it anymore. I don't know from experience but thats the word on the street), and since all those 'love horemones' are being released, another side effect is that you feel extremely at peace with yourself, and you feel super close to everyone. Thats why people on e are so nice to each other.

Anyway, don't delete this. Nothing is being condoned, and its informational. Lack of information= death in this case.

Ca$h

Cipher13
Nov 30, 2000, 03:06 AM

Originally posted by deedar:
Cipher - MDMA - methylenedioxymethamphetamine IS Ecstacy. Also, I am at a loss to explain the presence of trace amounts of heroin in a MDMA preparation. Be that as it may, small amounts (of heroin) taken orally won't even reach your brain (its conjugated and rapidly excreted). Like nearly ALL other drugs, it IS dangerous when taken in a non-controlled environment and/or abused.

[This message has been edited by deedar (edited 11-29-2000).]
I stand corrected - thanks.
I must've got my acronyms mixed up.

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules