Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 190,000 miles. Woot.

190,000 miles. Woot. (Page 2)
Railroader
Banned
Aug 8, 2005, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by baw
Meh, my 1994 Ford Ranger has over 211,000 miles on it. No major parts replaced yet.
A friend of mine has a '93 I think with about 300k on his. He used it for his sign company and now uses it as a daily driver. No major repairs, just shocks, clutch, and brakes. The thing is a tank. Not a lot of power, but he doesn't tow a lot and if a sign doesn't fit in his truck bed he rents a flatbed commercial truck.

Rangers are some pretty good trucks.

baw
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 02:05 AM

I'm still on the original shocks also. Thing rides like a boat on water.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2005, 04:06 AM

im going to get my Prelude to a Million KM, thats my goal
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Railroader
Banned
Aug 8, 2005, 04:29 AM

Since we are talking about cars, I thought I'd share a fun little shockwave game about drag racing.

It's a good time waster.

http://addictinggames.com/dragracerv3.html

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Cavalier: Actually, it's got higher quality ratings and reliability ratings than most German
True.

and Japanese made cars.
False.

Sorry, but there is not a snowball's chance in hell that the JBody is comparable to something like a civic or corolla. Just NO WAY.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mindwaves
My 1999 Pontiac Sunfire has about 100k miles on it. My 2005 Civic has about 3k miles and just for reference, my Sunfire outaccelerates my Civic and has more power going up hills.
This is true. Almost any car has more torque than a civic, so almost any car will have more power going up hills.

passmaster16
Senior User
Aug 8, 2005, 11:32 AM

1993 acura vigor with 206,000mi. Only major repair was a clutch at 140,000.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2005, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Did he buy it used? Maybe that's the problem eh? How did the previous owner treat it and why would he sell a one year old car for about half it's new price? Gotta make you wonder.

You don't think the cheapest Toyota feels like a piece of cheap plastic? Maybe you better go drive one and reaquaint your self. The doors feel like cheap paper thin storm doors for a house. Try going 80 MPH with 4 guys in one and expect 34 MPH in one.

You better check JD Powers. They back me up bub. I am talking about same class vehicles... not Honda Accords or other upscale models, but similarly priced and speced out models.
Perhaps he has the bargain basement Cavalier. Anywho I drive all sorts of small "comparable" vehicles, like my other firends 1992 Toyota Corolla with 145K on it. I'm not going to try to back up my statement with sources but his 13 year old car drives way more solid on the highway and through the city than the Cavalier. Its not nessisarily that its heavier or the doors are thicker, it has to be the suspension/steering setup. I hate the way the steering feel is in the Cavalier, numb and twitchy. The brakes are brand new yet are extremely un-linear and grabby, and the acceleration is piss poor until the car gets up to about 40 MPH.

I'm guessing the new 04 and 05 models are much better, I hope, because I still won't believe that a Cavalier is a good car because of my prior experience with them.

Except an old 94 V6 5-speed coupe that a classmate had back in HS, that thing could WHIP!

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 06:09 PM

Is how many miles you have on your car the new penis measuring context?

If so I GOT SOME DRIVIN TO DO.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2005, 10:26 PM

i skipped over most of all the replies as most of them cash being cash, but did anyone mention breaking 300K?

cause i broke 330K on my 740 GLE just last week on my daily driver, just put on 500 miles on a trip down to Mass with it, and she still dances with the 495 traffic at 6pm

but we have done this thread before so no big deal.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2005, 10:33 PM

Isn't the 740 GL the current record holder at 1.2 mil miles (something about a traveling salesman)

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2005, 10:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the volvo 1800. Sporty lookin volvo.

Forum Links
Forum Rules