Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Recommend me a CSS book.

Recommend me a CSS book.
rozwado1
Mac Elite
May 7, 2004, 08:21 PM

How the hell did Adam Betts do that on his page?

I need book that goes from newb to pro because that is my intended path. I work well with visual examples rather than just text, but I'm not looking for a picture book. I'd run up to Borders and buy something off the shelf, but I'd rather ask the pros first. Any suggestions? Nick

selowitch
Mac Elite
May 12, 2004, 01:20 PM

In terms of CSS books, anything by Eric Meyer and/or Molly Holtzschlag is good.

fc_
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2004, 02:21 PM

Personally, I found DHTML and CSS for the world wide web by Jason Teague to be a good reference.

registered_user
Dedicated MacNNer
May 12, 2004, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by fc_:
Personally, I found DHTML and CSS for the world wide web by Jason Teague to be a good reference.
ditto.

ps, I think that site you linked to is down, because the server name and ip is not that intersting.

Sage
Mac Elite
May 12, 2004, 08:54 PM

I learned from Elizabeth Castro's HTML for the World Wide Web, 5th Edition, with XHTML and CSS. Dreadfully long title, but it's put together so well (pictures with concise and to-the-point descriptions), it's inexpensive ($22), and it's the only XHTML/CSS book I have ever used. Also, it was published in '03, so it's fairly up to date... off the top of my head, the only CSS2 spec it doesn't cover are text-shadows.

rozwado1  (op)
Mac Elite
May 15, 2004, 10:18 AM

Thanks alot for the recommendations. I picked up Designing CSS Web Pages and learned the basics. I have the Jason Teague book on order and I'm also using Eric Meyer's website as a reference. Although my new site is MoveableType-based, I actually understand the CSS language now and am working on the page design as we speak. Check my sig.

Forum Links
Forum Rules