Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Max Menus not working with themes?

Max Menus not working with themes?
bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Jul 30, 2003, 09:52 AM

I've had I report in the past about this, and I just got an other one recently. I do not use Max Menus, but as you probably know it places different colored circles in each corner of the screen, and apparently when a theme is applied (Milk in this case) the hot spots stop to function. I'm thinking that it must have something to do with how the menubar PXMs are handled in each theme, but I don't know how Max Menus works so it's hard for me to guess.

Anyone have any further information about this? Is it only some themes that causes Max Menus to stop functioning?

idolini
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2003, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by bOOzo:
I've had I report in the past about this, and I just got an other one recently. I do not use Max Menus, but as you probably know it places different colored circles in each corner of the screen, and apparently when a theme is applied (Milk in this case) the hot spots stop to function. I'm thinking that it must have something to do with how the menubar PXMs are handled in each theme, but I don't know how Max Menus works so it's hard for me to guess.

Anyone have any further information about this? Is it only some themes that causes Max Menus to stop functioning?
With respect to your suggestion "...that it might have something to do with how the menubar PXMs are handled in each theme..." I cannot comment as I am merely a grateful consumer of these fine works of art. However, I have in the past made mention of this small, yet slightly nagging bugaboo with MaxMenus installed.

For the record, the issue it seems is confined to the "Menubar empty area" pull-down menu that MaxMenu makes available to users...as FinderPop did in OS9. As far as I know, the other pull-down menus...one in each corner are not affected at all.

Additionally, this bug appears only in certain themes. They are: Milk, Aqua Extreme, BBX, QNX, Brushed, SS Simplex, Panther/Panther Pro, and SS Pearl. There may be one or two others, the names of which elude me presently. Max, I also remember sending you an e-mail that included this information along with the serial number that I received upon purchasing MaxMenus... thinking that it might have been helpful if you were able to reproduce the bug for yourself. If you wish, I'd be happy to resend it.

Thanks Max and all of you gentlemen for sharing your creative talents with us.

Idolini

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Aug 2, 2003, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by idolini:
Max, I also remember sending you an e-mail that included this information along with the serial number that I received upon purchasing MaxMenus... thinking that it might have been helpful if you were able to reproduce the bug for yourself. If you wish, I'd be happy to resend it.

Thanks Max and all of you gentlemen for sharing your creative talents with us.

Idolini
I'd forgotten about that. I believe I still got the SN, I will see if I can take some time to try and figure out what the deal is.

Maybe we could get in touch with the author and ask him if he knows what's causing this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules