Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [TEASER] iMac 2004 v2.0 (4 images)

[TEASER] iMac 2004 v2.0 (4 images)
Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2004, 02:41 PM

I have been working very heavily on my next version of iMac 2004, my take on the Strawberry iMac theme. I began again from scratch, making it look way less like an OS9 port and more like it belongs on OSX.

Here is a preview teaser pic for the default version:

I am also including three color variations, which I have a feeling will be more popular than the default Strawberry just because they are easier on the eyes for most people.

They are:

Sage (a pale dark green color) (0% complete)

Slate (a lovely blue-gray color) (0% complete)

Corporate Strawberry (a less saturated Strawberry that isn't as intense as Strawberry) (10% complete)

As school is about to start soon, I estimate a mid-Fall release. The Strawberry variation is 95% complete.

I decided to steer away from the tradtional iMac candy colors as most of them were way too intense to be worth the trouble. Grape and Tangerine were the only ones that were not an eyesore in my mockups. So I looked to the other imac colors and found these ones to be more pleasing to the eye and more likely to be used.

Any other color suggestions are welcome but will not be guarunteed in the release.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 02:45 PM

That "primary" Strawberry color is WAY too bright. If you included the other colors, I swear I would never, ever, EVER use it. The others look good though. I especially like the Sage. Only major problem with it (other than the garishly bright Strawberry color) are the stripes in the menus, which seem a bit too big and contrasy. A little more subtle, at least where text appears, would be better.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 02:53 PM

Wow I think that's a great start (or concept). Love the colors too. One thing I noticed is the menu rollover text color is oftly light.

Tarambana
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2004, 03:19 PM

I think they look beautiful! Anyway, you might find problems making the buttons look right with iTunes skins -- if planned -- because, IIRC, there is alimited range of colours to be used for its background. But maybe I got it all wrong.

As I said

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 04:24 PM

The stripes are a bit hard on the menus, and the text color could be tweaked too
click one

DigiHal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 09:14 PM

Holy Annoying Stripes Batman. . .

JK.

But really, the stripes are like a sledgehammer to my face.

Also, readability is an issue.

DH!

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2004, 10:22 PM

GOOOO PINKAGE!!!!!!!!! *love*

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 18, 2004, 10:27 PM

Agreed. I love the overall concept but the Strawberry color is a bit too... strawberry. And yes, the pinstripes are vivid. I think they should stay, but they would be much easier on the eyes if they were softer.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

eDave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2004, 10:32 PM

Love the color variants & the heavy stripes -- get thee to work!

Forum Links
Forum Rules