Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Where is BBX

Where is BBX
Komisar
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 12:31 AM

After seeing those icons that digitaljames had I remembered about the dark theme he had been developing its, been 2 years npw what is going on? I have lost all faith that this theme will ever be done. Is there a little bit of hope yet, does anyone know anything about the theme's status?

Makki
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 12:37 AM

Oh No!!! not another omega thread look forget omega it shant see light of day any time soon man

Makki

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 18, 2004, 12:43 AM

In the corner.... Poking his Unsanity VooDoo doll.

-Owl

WTF?

Syzygy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 18, 2004, 12:45 AM

Woohoo lets talk more about Omega!!

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 12:52 AM

Omega will be out when shapeshifter 1.5 is out,...

oh wait there's a perpetual problem that panther will never solve..

No shapeshifter 2.. ya know when tiger comes out..

Oh wait it doesn't have a 3d interface...

Summary: BBX Omega is vaporware. Don't count on it being out in the next 20 years because it probably won't while this guy's busy making up delays (he's probably spent more time making up excuses for the delays than he has working on it).

Let's face it. The last BBX theme that actually made it out was back in what the OS 9 days? Mercury (was that the name of it?) was redone by max not the BBX guy.

Not that I don't blame him 100% though. He doesn't make a dime on OS X themes. The only person who makes money is the guy who will probably sell 9083472 copies of shapeshifter because it comes with it and isn't a free upgrade from the previous version.

He'd be better off making windows media themes
Aloha

justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 01:12 AM

Where is BBX? Not here, because of idiots like Link.

The theme will not be released until ShapeShifter 1.5 is released because Omega makes use of features that will not be implemented until that version (and it isn't going to be released until then because he wants it to be perfect; it's his theme and his prerogative).

Why not drop it until BBX decides to make a post about Omega?

Syzygy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 18, 2004, 01:19 AM

Yeah... I was actually being sarcastic I thought it was obvious enough I think BBX omega posts should be banned until it comes out. Anyone who wants to know can look at the previous thread about it (Or I guess they can now look at this one).

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 01:38 AM

Originally posted by Link:
Omega will be out when shapeshifter 1.5 is out,...

BBX Omega is vaporware. Don't count on it being out in the next 20 years because it probably won't while this guy's busy making up delays (he's probably spent more time making up excuses for the delays than he has working on it).
Hold your tung until SS 1.5... You don't know or can assume anything until then. If it's not out with, or soon after, 1.5 then you have a right to flame. There is a solid reason it's not out now, though most of us (myself included) wouldn't mind a "light" version without the cool new features of SS 1.5... or a different BBX theme to tide us over?
click one

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 01:46 AM

What is this obsession with BBX??? The guy made one decent OS9 theme and everyone speaks of him like he's the second coming of Christ.

I saw his WMP themes, and they look fantastic, incredible actually. And his Omega Promo photo and preview of the iTunes remote look cool as well. But skinning a single app is far cry from theming the entire OS, and quite frankly, BBX hasn't shown me anything for OS9 or X to deserve the attention that Omega has gotten.

Now I can't blame BBX for much. He posted a simple teaser - everyone else carried it to the point it's at now where the simple mention of SS 1.5, Omega or BBX makes 90% of the people here dizzy and run to the bathroom.

Give it a rest already. Let BBX work on his theme and actually release it... THEN judge him and his work. I'm sure BBX doesn't exactly enjoy sitting high up on the pedestal that people have wrongfully put him on.

The Graphic Mac: Tips, tricks and commentary for design, Adobe and Mac OSX.

Mike S.
Senior User
Aug 18, 2004, 01:55 AM

It's a pitty WB is off doing unimportant things like ...raising a family and doing paid work when he should be spending all his time here at the forum explaining for the two-hundred fifty billionth time that Omega exists but won't be released until it can be what he wants it to be.

But hey, everybody feel free to bash on the guy and call him a producer of vapor instead of looking at the incredible work he's done on Windows Media Player skins and using rational thought to conclude that he really does have a beautiful theme practically done and waiting on features just like he says.

It's a theme people, there are many other nice ones to use until SS 1.5 and Omega show up. I'm currently enjoying SS Chosen Inspirat black. Subtle with a touch of black gloss.

It's really nice, give it a try and lay off BBX. Omega will come out when the time is right, I have no doubt.

I can't wait to see Nickel Cobalt, the mock-up looks great.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 18, 2004, 02:02 AM

and the omega teaser was in september of last year.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 02:27 AM

Links a troll, theres a reason they have an ignore list you know.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 02:39 AM

Dave-o
Senior User
Aug 18, 2004, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by demograph68:
an Mac Guru make sure you throw out the key please.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 18, 2004, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
Hold your tung
Hold my what?

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 10:19 AM

I must be special, I read where BBX and Smeger said 1.5, and I believed them.

Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2004, 10:21 AM

Although SS1.5 is probably a long way away, anyone got a clue when the next SS update will be?

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 10:28 AM

You are special!

ender2002
Senior User
Aug 18, 2004, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by MacDog:

What is this obsession with BBX??? The guy made one decent OS9 theme and everyone speaks of him like he's the second coming of Christ.

I saw his WMP themes, and they look fantastic, incredible actually. And his Omega Promo photo and preview of the iTunes remote look cool as well. But skinning a single app is far cry from theming the entire OS, and quite frankly, BBX hasn't shown me anything for OS9 or X to deserve the attention that Omega has gotten.

Now I can't blame BBX for much. He posted a simple teaser - everyone else carried it to the point it's at now where the simple mention of SS 1.5, Omega or BBX makes 90% of the people here dizzy and run to the bathroom.

Give it a rest already. Let BBX work on his theme and actually release it... THEN judge him and his work. I'm sure BBX doesn't exactly enjoy sitting high up on the pedestal that people have wrongfully put him on.

you're pretty ignorant.

one

the guy is hired by some of the world's most successful compananies to do graphic work. how many people do you know do that for a living. the reason that there is so much hype around Omega is because we all have an idea of what it is, but not many have seen it. and of those who have seen it, they cannot talk about it. the idea of a such a great artist putting his time and effort into a mac os x theme is what creates the hype. im sure the hype will be lived up to; and hopefully it will lived up to in the next ten years.

Dave-o
Senior User
Aug 18, 2004, 10:51 AM

You are special!
I really need to have my Mother stop sharing my photographs with you...

MOM!!!!

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 12:12 PM

You are special!
These are the fun times...when I am not running, I am exposed to drivel on forums, luckily there are other special people with handy links to cheer me up

eFX
Aug 18, 2004, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
been 2 years npw what is going on?
do we make it up as we go along??????? September 23 is when he posted it.
So that makes it 1 year come then if you cant count.

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by ender2002:
one

the guy is hired by some of the world's most successful compananies to do graphic work. how many people do you know do that for a living. the reason that there is so much hype around Omega is because we all have an idea of what it is, but not many have seen it. and of those who have seen it, they cannot talk about it. the idea of a such a great artist putting his time and effort into a mac os x theme is what creates the hype. im sure the hype will be lived up to; and hopefully it will lived up to in the next ten years.
Well, I see 1 theme with 13 color variations at the link you posted Not sure why you even posted it...

And as far as working for some of the world's most successful companies... I'm in advertising too. Some of the companies I've been hired by are Coca-Cola, Cox Communications, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Bureau (we created the "What Happens Here Stays Here campaign), Caesars Entertainment, Mandalay Resort Group, Holiday Systems International, Charter Behavioral Health Systems, Sunrise Hospitals... do I need to list more?

And you make my point for me when you said "we all have an idea of what it is, but not many have seen it." So since nobody has seen it, why do people continuously use it as the yardstick by which all themes are measured? I know he can do a cool movie-poster-style teaser photo, but I haven't seen the theme, so until I do it's a non issue.

Bill does some fantastic work, but until Omega is released, I can't say he's done any great work for OSX yet.

version
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 04:53 PM

It's really not so hard to understand, believe me. Irrespective of what platform he does work for, it's very nice stuff indeed, it's high quality, and good.

As to Omega, he's said it needs SS 1.5; it's simple, if he says he needs that, then he does.

If people get irrated ny this, an god knows why, then that's not his problem, he doesn't have to show a thing, nothing, to no-one.

See? Dead easy to understand.
A Jew with a view.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 18, 2004, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by eFX:
do we make it up as we go along??????? September 23 is when he posted it.
So that makes it 1 year come then if you cant count.
already beat you to it

eFX
Aug 18, 2004, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
already beat you to it
hehe but apparently people still can't read though after its been said so we shall make crap up because its not here yet!

even after macthemes article and so on.
everybody is overexgaerating stuff to crap
apparently everyone thinks themes get made for people = requests = lets get a theme made in a day = *look at me praise me ***attention whore**** should anyone feel confused to that is im talking about people who dont theme but expect themers just to drop everything including life just so general public can be pleased. you know i cant even be arsed to explain why majority of people are such pricks in theming world

god people are so dumb they said when SS1.5 was available Omega will be ready or almost close who knows but when its ready its ready ffs. Thing is DO WE SEE SS1.5 yet nooooooooo so why keep posting *where is bbx where is it where is it where is it whats happening to him well well well* /me bangs head of the wall

phillryu
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 07:12 PM

I saw his WMP themes, and they look fantastic, incredible actually. And his Omega Promo photo and preview of the iTunes remote look cool as well. But skinning a single app is far cry from theming the entire OS, and quite frankly, BBX hasn't shown me anything for OS9...
Ok, remember that he's done full skins for PC too (like for T3 and Alienware or w/e) so trust me, he's fully capable of expanding those WMP skins to full interfaces... and please, I realize this won't help a lot of you, but Omega DOES exist and it IS a nice piece of work. I know that he can't prove himself to you guys till he shows it, but trust me, it does exist.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
I know that he can't prove himself to you guys till he shows it, but trust me, it does exist.
and he won't show it til its done because he thinks the moment a preview is out its going to be copied onto all platforms within two hours. (for those of you who don't understand, i'm criticizing)

that and he's still trying to come up with one of those little things about what materials it's going to represent. ( for those of you who need help, i'm joking)

phillryu
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 07:50 PM

And you know it's true. Just recently someone commented in the Calabi preview article that IT was ripping off a PC theme that turned out to be a cheap rip of NEOS. Makes you think huh? And I'm sure Calabi PC rips exist, which isn't very cool for the Mac users for which the theme was designed anyway. Know what I mean?

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

eFX
Aug 18, 2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
and he won't show it til its done because he thinks the moment a preview is out its going to be copied onto all platforms within two hours. (for those of you who don't understand, i'm criticizing)
Its true, well can you blame him why show a SS of it spend months and months of hard work and some tard will rip it before its out just like what someone done to the calabi icons if you hadnt heard. ripped versions out before the real mcoy is out just because some prick is impatient.

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2004, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
... Omega DOES exist and it IS a nice piece of work. I know that he can't prove himself to you guys till he shows it, but trust me, it does exist.
Perhaps I was misunderstood. I have no doubt that it exists, and I DO look forward to seeing it. But I'm not so obsessed with it like some others who just can't "let it go." I've seen posts from people who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they've never even seen the preview pics, let alone the actual theme.

I just find the whole "Idolization" of BBX and Omega absolutely hilarious, given the circumstances... though if the theme does rock when it's finally released, I **may** be one of his biggest fans.

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by Holigen:
Links a troll, theres a reason they have an ignore list you know.
A troll? no. I think all this advertising, crazy amounts of threads, insane mention, and idolization (as said), for a theme that doesn't even exist (all I've seen of it was a picture that really didn't have anything to do with theming) -- is just insane.

And as I said, it's not like he's going to make money on it anyway so I can't blame him.
Aloha

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 08:56 PM

All i had was a simple question no idolization took place in my statement..... so everyone stop fighting as usual!

Dave-o
Senior User
Aug 18, 2004, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
All i had was a simple question no idolization took place in my statement..... so everyone stop fighting as usual!
that dwill learned ya 'umptin... should have never opened that can of worms... But if you need help taking your foot out of your mouth, just PM me...

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2004, 09:20 PM

I just find the whole "Idolization" of BBX and Omega absolutely hilarious, given the circumstances...

i'm sure someone copying your theme to make it out faster is a problem, but you just gotta remember that the one you're making is going to look better. don't piss off everyone because you're afraid that one prick is going to take credit for it. and if someone does take credit for it, just email the guy, email the site saying "hey man, thats not mine, this guy ripped me off" and they'll be like "oh my bad" and everything will be cool.

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2004, 09:24 PM

"just email the guy, email the site saying "hey man, thats not mine, this guy ripped me off" and they'll be like "oh my bad" and everything will be cool." ~ fireside

How can it be a ripp off of your work if you say "hey man thats not mine" ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules