Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > "old" mini colors at apple store for just $179

"old" mini colors at apple store for just $179
bbales
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 02:39 PM

Well, I thought I had lost my mini, a nice green one I got last May for my birthday and Mother's Day. I thought I left it in a hotel in Iowa. While I was absolutely kicking myself for this stupidity, I knew at least we'd be visiting an Apple store and I could check out the new colors.

Yuck. Yes, they are brighter. They are too bright, in my own opinion.

But -- if you happen to be in the market for a mini and you want one of the "old" ones, move quickly. I ended up buying one at the Apple store online. I got a pink one for only $179 -- and I'd checked on ebay and that's about the going rate. There were gold ones available as well, but not blue or silver. On the other hand, the store I was at had both blue and silver in the back.

I bought it, then came home and decided to finish emptying out my suitcase, which had only a pair of clogs, a pair of slippers and 4 dirty socks. There, in the toe of my clogs was ... you guessed it, my ipod!! I canceled the order, even though I was convinced I might have made a few bucks on ebay. I hadn't THOUGHT i was that stupid as to lose my mini and I'm glad to know I wasn't. (And yes, I'd looked in the suitcase several times.)

Anyway, if you still want one of the old colors, look quickly. I bet they're gone soon.

Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 03:59 PM

don't the old have something like 40% the battery life of the new ones...

and yes the colors are pretty gay...i hate when Apple plays to the 13 year old girl demographic...but hey guess its smart business.

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 04:31 PM

Someone told me at the store that these were "new, popular" colors. I was kind of excited to see them, until I saw them.

It's so nice to have my more muted green one returned to me...
And I can admire my daughter's pink one, too, without putting on my sunglasses.

Dave N
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2005, 06:06 PM

Amazon.com has the old colors for $179 as well (or at least they did a couple of days ago).

Fusion
Senior User
Apr 1, 2005, 07:03 PM

I bought my fiance a pink one the other day, and while in the store we checked out the older colors compared to the new ones. The new colors are ugly. However, even though the older one looked nicer, the amazing amount of battery life on the new ones won out. She got a newer pink one instead. I have an older silver one, and it gets less than half the battery life hers does.

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 08:56 PM

the new blue is too much.... I have a old blue mini and love the color..the new blue one..well..it just looks strange....but agrees with previous poster, the battery being 40% better is worth going with a new one but I'd just go silver now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules