Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 1 GB Shuffle freezes iTunes while uploading

1 GB Shuffle freezes iTunes while uploading
terry123
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2005, 11:33 AM

I have a 1 GB Shuffle and whenever I use the autofill option or just try and transfer a group of songs to the Shuffle, iTunes hangs up and the Shuffle becomes unresponsive and I'm not able to even force quit out of iTunes. What the heck is going on here? I use the software restore in the ipod updater. I've completely erased everything to do with iTunes and iPod software and reinstalled it all and reset the ipod with new information, etc. Now, any time I try and put songs on the iPod, it will get through about 30-40 songs and then hang and freeze iTunes up until I just pull the Shuffle out of the USB port and then iTunes will force quit and I have to restart to make things happy again...any ideas on what to do?

I've tried using the autofill option on another iMac (I have a G4 iMac 800 MHz, I tried on a G3 iMac 400 MHz) and it autofilled 250 songs onto the Shuffle no problem...Is there another program I can use to upload songs to the iPod? Is there a way to check my songs for errors possibly causing iTunes/iPod to crash? What the hell?

Oh, and I have the latest downloads of iTunes and the iPod updater...just to cover that one

Forum Links
Forum Rules