Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MY 12' PowerBook is here!!!

MY 12' PowerBook is here!!!
toxin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 01:18 PM

Finally it has arrived, after waiting for two weeks my FIRST mac is here ....sorry if this is a boring post but I had to share my joy.

The irony is that my sis just called me to let know, so I think i will *whisper* sneak out of work quietly and go home so I can open the box ...hehhe

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2004, 01:49 PM

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Mac. I'm sure you will enjoy the Powerbook.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

bbales
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2004, 02:09 PM

Oh, it's not a boring post at all! (I was beyond excited last year when my 12-in PB arrived. And I wasn't alone -- everyone who ordered in the first 3, 4 weeks after Steve Jobs' address was posting tracking numbers and tracking their computers from Taiwan to the U.S. Several were on the various planes together...

Congrats on your purchase. You'll love it. And welcome to the Mac World.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2004, 03:40 PM

CONGRATS, I just got my 12 incher too and I couldnt keep the smile off my face. Now this sucker goes wherever I go. Hope everything runs smoothly for ya.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2004, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by iREZ:
CONGRATS, I just got my 12 incher too and I couldnt keep the smile off my face. Now this sucker goes wherever I go. Hope everything runs smoothly for ya.
That is for sure. I still have the smile on my face when I use this. Then again I have a smile on my face whenever I use either one of my Macs.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

toxin  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 06:48 PM

Im lovin it. I am really happy, I just hope I dont get fired for leaving work right after lunch. I just could not wait to get my hands on my baby
Any advice for a novice Mac user.

p.s. how do u clean the keyboard from the oily reisdue?

mishap
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2004, 10:47 PM

nice... a 12 foot powerbook. I'd like a screen that big

BlueCat
Jan 24, 2004, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by mishap:
nice... a 12 foot powerbook. I'd like a screen that big
Well observed

But seriously, congrats toxin - welcome to the wonder world of Macs ... I took the plunge about 3 months ago and still have that first day feeling! OS X is a really good OS. I could go on and on about all the great features that you'll discover but there are hundreds of post like that already, so i just want to mention two things that at first placed some concern to me from OSX (especially if you were from a Windows background). which I got use to
- dock: I've always been used to the Start menu and Task bar and felt like the dock would not be adequate. However, after a month, I actually find it much more usable.
- reponse: some people have documented that user response (e.g. menu opening after click) is slower in OSX than Windows. I still agree with this but only when there is not much tings opened. OSX kicks ass over Windows in response time when you've got lots of apps running at the same time.
Anyhow, enjoy your Mac.
15" Aluminium Powerbook 1.25GHz G4
Panther 10.3
"My first Mac, but definitely not my last!"

bateman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2004, 03:29 AM

I just received my 12"PB 1ghz that I ordered through the ADC with the student dev. discount. My first order back on the 9th (of Jan.) was cancelled because Apple did not have enough time verify my student status...

But three days later I was back online ordering it again. Finally got here 2 days ago and I am just lovin it. Great computer, especially if you are a student. Glad I took the advice on it here in these forums.

I've got to get back to encoding all my CDs over. I'm at 3 gig now, no sign of slowing down.

Congrats too all the other new owners! We're lucky!

peace,
bateman

Forum Links
Forum Rules